Would this work for my conversion?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have been doing more work on it and I have made the pulley and adapter to fit the crank. I started with a Subaru power steering pump pulley. It is just over 4in and has 5 groves. I went this way as I got it cheap and it was ready made.
I then put it in the lathe and cut out the center hole so I could fit it to a hub I had made. I also made the hub on the lathe.

image.php

image.php

I also had to machine out the large washer on the crank timing hub.

image.php

Here is the pulley installed on the engine. I need to hunt down a bolt the right size, and I am going to drill and pin the pulley to the hub, but this is were I am at right now.

image.php

image.php

image.php

I will post more as this little project gets closer to done.

It looks like my images are a bit too big and it will not post them, but if you click on them and open them, they are in the gallery. I will try to fix this.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=102986#p102986:12pr6nwh said:
oldmopars » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:46 pm[/url]":12pr6nwh]
It looks like my images are a bit too big and it will not post them, but if you click on them and open them, they are in the gallery. I will try to fix this.
Nice work!

I fixed the links to your gallery pictures.
I think you were copying the link address in the browser address bar. Need to use the included image link you see below the full size image when your viewing it.

Yea, that Subie pulley was just calling out to me as I passed it in the U-pull yard. I thought about using a Subaru Alternator, but could not find one small enough. I used to be big into air-cooled VWs, something just draws me to these crazy flat fours.

Hey what is the cost of the conversion kit for a 83 goldwing now going for.I finally retired and have that project staring me in the face so here's me checking into it.

weren't some of your members selling the pulleys,, I guess that's what I meant.. the rest I know we would have to do ourselves but that's not to much of a problem.. thks

There was a member who had a bunch of pullies made a while back from specs we have in the gallery.
I think they were $120 each or there abouts.
There are also ways to build your own pulley from other vehicles. Some of those tricks are in this forum.

ok thks I haven't read many yet haven't been logging on much lately.. but will have a lot of time on my hands now. thks for the come back. have a gr8t day!! :Egyptian:

You can buy kits but they are way overpriced when it's easy to fab everything yourself and save yourself a ton of money. There are plenty of builds in the alternator conversion forum to get all the details.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=102986#p102986:248u0qgc said:
oldmopars » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:46 pm[/url]":248u0qgc]

Nice work !! I'm envious, wish I had a lathe & the skills.

Latest posts