New guy, another single carb conversion.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I kinda let this thread die, sorry guys! I picked up a 99 Valkyrie at the end of last summer and the GL1000 got shoved in the corner except for the occasional twisty road ride.

I ended up putting a few thousand miles on the single carb setup last summer, it still never ran well in cool weather and never got it to idle well. On nice warm days when I felt like carving corners close to home I let her rip though! Now that its not my primary bike Ill be having a little more fun with it, planning on mounting a single turbo and blowing through the weber. Just wanted to let everyone know its still alive!

Unfortunately I couldn't even tell you what jets are in it, I got a set of tiny bits for drilling jets. I've drilled them, soldered them closed and drilled again so many times just tinkering I have no idea what sizes they are. I have considered picking up a wideband 02 to give me a better idea of where I'm at.