GL1100 PVC Manifold and 34-3 outta box Carb

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome ...some of those parts are like furniture fitting I think ...good set up ...but there are other options too ...to look at ..I'd suggest reading the info on single carb projects here ...

Ok guys, new problem. How did y'all connect the floor flange to the 5 way? I just got to looking at my project for the week and it seems the floor flange center piece(which is just inserted in the flange piece) is about the same size as the 5 way. I can sand down the inside of the floor flange piece but i wanted to see if anyone had any better ideas. Thanks

Now that I posted my question, I got to thinking about it and realized that I'm an idiot. Forgot that I needed the 1" pvc pipe to make all my connections, not just the sides. Thanks for letting me think out loud and answer my own question. Lol

Sold my Old Wings and all My stuff,,,,,,,,The manifolds were still holding up fine, and carbs still purring like a Kitten....Thanks to every one here, and hope my manifold help keep some old junkers on the road. We traded in two wheels for four, bought a scooter to haul on the back.......1992 Old Dodge 1 ton-----$800 Van,,,,,,love me some old stuff.

Attachments

• v20.jpg
    v20.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 109
  • vanzz.jpg
    vanzz.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 108
Funny how we change, shift our priorities as time passes. Been playing with a couple of Jaguar XJ8's myself, love those big cats. Bang for the buck, one of the best deals out there. Much like our Wings, over built to the max, very pricey when new, first car built of aluminum, much like an airplane is, owned at the time by Ford. Their depreciation is unbelievable, BUT thats how an old guy like me has any, let alone two. At ten years old, under a hundred thousand miles, in beautiful shape, they can be found, for ten cents on the dollar. Most suspension parts, as well as many others, are from the same parts bin, as the T'birds, & the Lincoln LS, even though many parts listings say their not. Much like our Wings, their just getting broken in, and will easily go two, to three hundred, with good care. NEVER thought of owning such a car, cut my teeth on a Triumph motorcycle, getting rid of Lucas, (the prince of darkness) ignition parts. Replacing with American parts solved most electrical issues, but they still lacked balance and vibrated themselves apart. When it was discovered they had been made reliable, i took another look, and was impressed so much could not pass. Finding a good used car is not an easy task for me as i'm kinda in the lower economic, or income bracket, so to speak. My Wings have been isolated, in the rear of my shop, garage, for a couple summers now.Compared to their past years with me, they are getting a much anticipated semi retirement, with pension. They cost almost a hundred dollars a year to insure all of them, their plates are all historical's, expire on my 100th birthday, so that cost is manageable. Still love riding them, but my old busted up body likes the comfort factor of the Jaguars ride. Till now the Wings were better suited for long distance travel, & comfort, with their suspension upgrades, than the Civics were. Could not afford new cars, both the Civics were new when purchased, have been great cars, but 1990, & 1996, are getting up there. Sold the 90 to the neighbor who fastened the rear bumper onto the body, with a long screw as the frame. As it was badly rusted where fastened, and falling off before the car was sold. Hope you love, and have great luck with your new toy, i know i am.

Thanks to ALL; :hi: Have not quite yet retired them but they have been at rest a while. :roll: Do miss riding, it seems most of my riding buddies have sold their bikes, or died. :headscratch: Looking in the mirror is something i avoid, see this old man looking back at me. :smilie_happy:

Nice to see that you are still having fun Denver. :good:
Played a similar game back in the late 80s early 90s with a couple of series 2 xj6 s, they still had many “Lord of Darkness” products in them. :yes:
The DD ended our Jaguar realationship.

Hey D, hope you don't mind a comment, but I took the liberty of checking if your age was posted. The way you were talking, I thought you'd be ten years older! I've got several buddies here in their early 70's who (so far) have no intention of stopping. I know each individual is different, but wrinkles alone do not an old man make. (Thank God). Hang onto one or two because once they're gone, they're gone. And while a restoration takes a lot of energy, general maintenance ain't so bad.

And if the mirror bothers you, ignore it! Hell, I laugh at mine. Of course, I was never any Brad Pitt, so no great loss. But, I digress...

By the way - I love British conveyances. Had two Triumphs and two Nortons "back in the day". I also had a '59 AH Bugeye, a '67 AH BJ8 and did a ground up resto on a '71 MGB.

Jaguar Forums.com, Modern XJ8 the model, wingrider is my name there. Same sarcastic bast--d as here, :smilie_happy: lot of nice people there as well. :yes: Stop by for a look at the site, as well the members, their willingness to share information to keep these older luxury autos on the road. Much like us here at this site, keeping these cars out of the dealership and junk yard, seems to be on everyone's mind. Finding the Ford parts to use, when you can, as well as doing your own work, saves big, to huge on the price of keeping them purring along. Hope to get back in the saddle a lot more this summer, than the last two. Do miss riding, had to chase parts on one of the 84's last summer, realized just how much i miss riding!!! :moped: ! Have no intention to quit just yet, :nea: but three operations on the spine, as well as it was broke it back in 08, has taken a tole on it :blush:

Sheesh Denver just keep the bike around ..one anyway ....break all the mirrors ...and one day the old mind will hop on the bike thinking you just rode it ....and have a good ride ...I’m always hiding my trips away from my kids ..or they would never shut up trying to tell me I’m to old ....I’ve always been a rebel ..just the parts in me

Didn't say anything about turning loose of any of the wings, :nea: still keeping them, their paid for. :yes: The wife had a bout of breast cancer two years ago, :head bang: ( better now) :clapping: so could not ride that summer, :roll: had to be around to help her after the surgery's. :doh: To have a car like this you never thought you could afford own in your garage, with no crappy Lucas ignition parts, made out of aluminum by Ford, diverted me a bit. :smilie_happy: