thanks pdbro

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for sticking up for dan and classic forum after captin foulmouth ...went through another bout of pms about the SCC issue and how we stole all his work sheesh :whip: :thanks:

Ha yea, evidently cm thinks he has some kind of exclusive rights to the idea of running a single carburetor on these engines.
He needs to accept that he wasn't the first and just let it go.

It's a shame he has to continue his attacks on us and me. I think he's pretty skilled and knowledgeable but man, his approach at getting his points across are certainly not his strong points. If he could just see that we are all just trying different things with different means to an end learning and sharing things along the way, the oldwing community would be that much better off and gain from his experiences.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=155726#p155726:dk26slly said:
dan filipi » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:36 am[/url]":dk26slly]
It's a shame he has to continue his attacks on us and me. I think he's pretty skilled and knowledgeable but man, his approach at getting his points across are certainly not his strong points. If he could just see that we are all just trying different things with different means to an end learning and sharing things along the way, the oldwing community would be that much better off and gain from his experiences.
I respectfully disagree. I've seen no evidence of skill or real knowledge in any of his posts.
Thanks again pdbro. I pulled my membership over there because of him. :thanks:

well you cant expect to really know much about carbs unless you dive in .... have a plan on what you want and need loosely ... and have at it ....personally i was inspired by a guy at ngw ..sheesh cant remember his name ... but he was bashed at ngw bigtime and never heard from him though i tried in pm when i was still member at ngw...anyway he used the hoses and type 4 manifold and 32-36 carb...i had some parts and a junk yard carb and had at it ... my thread gave credit to this guy and i link his build my first post i think ....so no i didnt use tom carb ..didnt know anything of it ...west gl was following my thread... west bought the same carb as mine before he bought a tom carb ... and the west gl thread at saunders wasnt even started yet ... so no one here took any thing from you or west gl ...

as stated ..SCC can be done ..but not by everyone ...and expectations are wide window ..not just captain expectations...most think im extreme and really dont go where i do ...but a lot get there needs answered in my works and others ...

this isnt a one carb thing here we have many ...personally ive got two in line now i think are going to work great ...they are webers but not dft series .....and we have many here who have great stock carbs also ... and we really dont go toe to toe on the issue ..just help each other the best we can when need is there .... oldwingers all the way is what i say ..... :builder:

It has been a long time, but I had to go take a look at what was going on over there. 125 pages!!! :shock:

How is anyone supposed to gleen useful information from 125 pages in a single thread? Where do you even start? I did see that Steve (CM) has been appointed Moderator of the SCC threads. That is interesting! :hihihi:

I agree with pdbro's statements; multiple threads and forums with many different people trying and testing and getting results is a lot better than one guy and his horse!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=155734#p155734:3g6g49pc said:
Ansimp » Today, 1:31 pm[/url]":3g6g49pc]
Just a motorcycle!!!!
#¥##%%:;
:smilie_happy:
Yeah I know, we get pretty passionate about our bikes.

But anyway, this noise from captain midnight(85, cm85 or whatever he's going by) is getting old.
The guys that have ventured into a single carb build know what they've done and know the effects that each effort has, no matter what HE says they are.

We know you are reading the threads here CM so read this, do everyone a favor and lighten up and grow up already, will ya?
Your self righteous comments and slamming other forums isn't doing any good, and believe it or not, most CAN think for themselves and make good decisions just fine on their own. Your condescending remarks are only proving to others what an ass you are.

I just have to wonder why you all let him bother you? He has been banned from the two forums that focus primarily on Old Wings and is a "thread moderator" on a thread that the OP hasn't added anything to in over a year or 22 pages. I think those facts speaks more loudly than anything he can add on the subject.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=155730#p155730:oh0pzkd1 said:
dan filipi » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:56 am[/url]":eek:h0pzkd1]
A lot of girly emotions come out when speaking of single carb and stock carb.
Why that is I don't know and it makes little sense.

It's just a motorcycle.

I think when people talk in absolutes and state this is the only truth whether it's the scc, stock carbs, ignition systems or even tires, people are going to get upset.

~O~

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=155749#p155749:1c64rakv said:
Omega Man » Today, 3:32 pm[/url]":1c64rakv]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=155730#p155730:1c64rakv said:
dan filipi » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:56 am[/url]":1c64rakv]

It's just a motorcycle.

I think when people talk in absolutes and state this is the only truth whether it's the scc, stock carbs, ignition systems or even tires, people are going to get upset.

~O~
Okay I'll buy that......just as the absolute that it's mandatory the dft carb is put on a heated manifold, and in the case of coolant heating, that coolant MUST be in direct contact with the manifold.
Truth is there are single carb conversions running very good without any additional heat.

brianinpa":1c64rakv said:
I just have to wonder why you all let him bother you? He has been banned from the two forums that focus primarily on Old Wings and is a "thread moderator" on a thread that the OP hasn't added anything to in over a year or 22 pages. I think those facts speaks more loudly than anything he can add on the subject.

What bothers me is that CM85 is misleading the newcomers with that 100+ page thread, which alone a thread that long is a turn off to anyone considering a SCC.
That and he is openly attacking me and CGW, and his pet Saunders moderator is allowing him.

I think it's all rather entertaining now, watching as CM now starts back peddling claiming ideas are his originally when they came from the members here and other forums.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=155767#p155767:1ax5jb38 said:
dan filipi » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:27 pm[/url]":1ax5jb38]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=155749#p155749:1ax5jb38 said:
Omega Man » Today, 3:32 pm[/url]":1ax5jb38]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=155730#p155730:1ax5jb38 said:
dan filipi » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:56 am[/url]":1ax5jb38]

It's just a motorcycle.

~O~
Okay I'll buy that......just as the absolute that it's mandatory the dft carb is put on a heated manifold, and in the case of coolant heating, that coolant MUST be in direct contact with the manifold.
Truth is there are single carb conversions running very good without any additional heat.

brianinpa":1ax5jb38 said:

What bothers me is that CM85 is misleading the newcomers with that 100+ page thread, which alone a thread that long is a turn off to anyone considering a SCC.
That and he is openly attacking me and CGW, and his pet Saunders moderator is allowing him.

I think it's all rather entertaining now, watching as CM now starts back peddling claiming ideas are his originally when they came from the members here and other forums.

I know what you mean Dan, but anyone who is seriously considering SCC is going to do a lot of research and soon see that white stuff on the tip of the bird crap is still just bird crap. :BigGrin:

I got my first Old Wing in 2012, I joined every forum to get help. I remember using pictures of stock carbs being rebuilt from Dan, I also used a lot of info from CM. When I ventured into singles with my own ideas I received help from Saunders site, Naked Goldwings, and Classic Goldwings. When my stuff worked the only site that gave me a hard time was NGW, they have some real jerks there,,,that is when I moved here. I use both CGW and Steve Saunders (both sites are great), and maintain a small presence on NGW,,,, CM and Dan have always treated my ideas fine, and that is all I ask......

ya,ive had my single set up for 4 years..and my brother had it before that.wow,some people.. :head bang: .it was out there,for at least 5 years ,we are on the same,page dan...agree on all of it. :music:

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 152
Curious if anyone has ever seen pictures of the DOHC oldwing heads for 1000 I think, or pictures of the rear driven alternator that Captain Midnight says he built, or is this just another case of hot air?
I have been asking him for pictures since he backed out of the challenge with Randakk a few years ago.
A year or so back he said the bike was in a storage trailer somewhere and would post pictures when it warmed up.
I haven't seen any.

Never seen any such heads. But he has posted a vid on you tube. It's mostly blacked out and could be any bike really. Tach has a 10k redline. Comparing tach and speedo it could be an 80-81. No way to say. Might be a 750-4 with a vetter. No way I can tell for certain.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156030#p156030:iyqdo1fd said:
slabghost » 6 minutes ago[/url]":iyqdo1fd]
Never seen any such heads. But he has posted a vid on you tube. It's mostly blacked out and could be any bike really. Tach has a 10k redline. Comparing tach and speedo it could be an 80-81. No way to say. Might be a 750-4 with a vetter. No way I can tell for certain.
Yeah I seen that, 5500 rpm at 65 mph.
81 and maybe 80 oldwing will turn that with the 16" wheel he put on it.
I put 16" on the 81 engine I had and man, that alone with everything else stock makes for a very fast bike!
He must think he's fooling us, well the Saunders crowd anyhow.

Oh, the blinking oil light with the turn signal is a nice touch. Good one cm :good:

here a my version of high performance oldwing with weber carb...a bit blury but you can tell its a oldwing for sure
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zfyan7izAc[/video]

his video of what ever it is shows no power at all ... my bike is running much better than even this now ...as i got better figuring out how to mod the carb into a real strait carb ...not a epa aborsion of a carb... cm85 thinks is perfect out the box ...

we have people all the time go back to stock carbs from listening to such insane carb advice as the guru of hot air spews out ....icing is a weather condition not carb tuning a non adjustable carb.... im not sayin heat is useless ... its just not what keeps a carb from working on a decent day ....so yes heat can help on some days it will hurt you on other days ...that dont make it manditory 100% of the time ... the hooch vid has no heat ..it has no leaks ....the manifold was made in a way that virtually seals all leaks with the lowest torque on the head intake bolts ... and it made the video you see..

im not pleased with all the problems this guru of hot air brings to SCC comunity... i wont even consider anything he says .. but that dont help the new people that fall for this hot air guru

hooch speaks for itself ....dont need hot air in a post ... and dont need hot air in the bike either ...its in the cool air at times when hooch runs its best ...