throttle pull change on dft

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
for quite some time a couple yrs..... ive had the throttle on hooch where i cant get it all ...for safety reasons ...today im going to change that and see how things go ....to where i can grab all the throttle the dft has in one twist ....should be able to go from one to the other quite easy ...anyway project for the day .... :builder:

pics
image.php

bent the linkage down ...it use to up .....this gave me full thottle and it works great with the linkage pointing down ....

image.php

ok ..went for test ride ...the bike didnt get any slower ...sheesh i can grab it all now and i can tell it ....sure is a bad ass bike ...with full throttle there is no fowl running at all ..deep powerful get done now type sound ...bike just comes alive during gear changes ....90mph comes just so quick ...just seconds to get there ...... :heat:

its all business now ....best be on the job you get on this bike ...i dont let people ride it..... it just to radical for that ..ive been in training a long time now ...just moving up to the big boy throttle ... :mrgreen:

welll went for a night ride ....i was checking out the mirror mounting at night and also it was nice out if not a bit cool for this time of yrs ...hooch likes this type of conditions ...with the new throttle change i did hooch is a rocket hunter .....

ive learn torque is a variable thing as most things are .....seems hooch torque is smooth ...continuous...and the cam or attitude of the motor seems to bottom to top with no favorite spots....i got to a place where i decided to open it up after making the corner turn .....well first gear is always a line it good and go thing ...well power was quick steady and gear change was in instant need ....i try to stay a tad under 8000rpm....hit 2cd gear and the bike came up off ground ....seems to really yank the bike here but all so steady and the rush of speed is huge here with full throttle going ....the sound is incredible and couldnt be a more powerful like sound coming from hooch ...speed has got to be very fast here.....not really sure ..hooch is so bad ass there no time to checking numbers for fear of wipe out... so shifted to third and hooch launched away again this time the speedo was just really moving along ....seems for sure third gear turn into a gear that dosnt last long ..plus just 1/3 way through this gear things are getting super fast ....so i shut hooch down ...and did turn around and look back to see how far i was from the turn i made ....i wasnt that far at all .....i know people dont believe me that hooch is as fast as a crotch rocket but it is ...

hooch has a way of feeling like it just seems rise up under power and seems weightless during acceleration ....i turn around after shut down and looked at how far i went from corner ...it wasnt that far ..i had to be close to 100mph.....just got to do another video ...i like having the problem that no one believes what hooch can do...that it was all done in a backyard tech way ...and will compete with anything on the street anything ...one ride will convince anyone of that ...... :whip: gettum hooch.. :thanks:

Latest posts