hooch getting a new fuel source

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well all the early testing has passed and hooch is going to try a two stage fuel system ..In the for of a progressive linked two barrel carb. that in no way is dependent on vacuum for its operation ... its first barrel handles everything till 45% of the throttle is used ...from there the second stage starts from 45 to 100% throttle along with first ...

when you twist the throttle it put out gas ...self contained fuel system that needs only air from motor to work .....

I'm off to the store to get parts now that I know its going to work .....pics coming

okay two stage to me is progressive carburetion where it runs on one barrel carb to 45% throttle and then second stage barrel kicks in along with first from 45%to 100% throttle sorry I confused every one ... just got back from lake with my daughter and grandson ...we had fun

gee my day to be gone from home ...kept looking for clear line to use so I could video it but not to be just couldn't find anything that would work ...I sould have it all back together and running tomorrow ... in hoping a lot here ... as gary our member for yrs has never had problem with his single carb system the whole time hes been a member.....

It always baffled me as why the Japanese put 4 carbs on a motorcycle when 1 or 2 would do. At any givin time only one carb is supplying fuel to one cylinder at a time. As a carburetor ages it becomes less efficient. It wears out. And tiny cabs become problematic. Putting a larger single carb on the goldwing makes perfect sense. Especially a two stage. What is the common single carb size for the Goldwing? 30, 34mm?? I had a 1600cc Yamaha Roadstar that came with a 28mm stock carb and I put a 34mm Mikuni on it. It was a little over carbed. Improved power and far less MPG. Wasn't worth it. :moped:

yes the two stage is perfect in my book just has to be sized right in the air department first as it seemed you were pointing out ....jets mean nothing if the air isn't moving fast enough for carb to atomize

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=94225#p94225:1p2kv6et said:
joedrum » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:37 pm[/url]":1p2kv6et]
would you beleave ive misplaced my camera ....sure you would ..you met me ... :shock: all the pics are in there sheesh :headscratch: :hihihi:
Joe, I saw your camera!.......It was over by that pile of parts behind the frame of that 1100 somewhere deep in the doghouse! :smilie_happy:

Latest posts