Installing Randakk's Oil Filter Adapter

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawk8

Reaction score
Of course, no sense installing a filter adapter and foregoing the opportunity to change the oil, so I went ahead and did both.
[video]https://youtu.be/TzDgM9C_t6c[/video]
In the moments after placing the order with Randakk's for my oil filter adapter, I spent some time looking for basic details online; where's the filter, how do I install the adapter, woo woo woo. There was some stuff out there, but a lot of what I found was less than ideal. So I decided to make my own tutorial video...I made a handful of mistakes (I didn't think you could really make mistakes doing something as simple as an oil change!), but I'm hoping that by documenting even my failures, I may be able to help the next guy.
My initially uploaded video got some helpful feedback from a lot of people here in the community, so I thought it would be worth-while to take it down and incorporate these things.

I know this is a seriously old thread but does anyone have the instructions/video to install Randakk's oil filter adapter? It's been removed from both this thread and from Randakk's site and I can't find anything else on Google or Youtube. I've got ahold of one for my 82 GL1100 but just the part, no instructions and don't understand what a pin arbor tool is or what it needs to be used for or, apparently, the workaround described above. Thanks!

Considering how the adaptor looks, it appears to simply spin onto the engine casing where the oil filter bolt would go. I would suspect the "tool" you need would be an adjustable pin wrench such as this, to tighten/loosen the adaptor. Never used the oil filter adaptor, so I don't know for 100% certain....it looks like this would work.
full

You need something like that tool to tighten the adapter and thats all there is to it.

I got an adjustable pin wrench off of Amazon, but they are both good ideas. Installation instructions are on you tube, I got them by searching "GL1100".
I remember the most important thing was to not put any oil on the internal parts.

Beginning of the video shows our old gallery of manuals. Pretty neat. Wish it was THAT easy to navigate now!

It was much easier to navigate the manuals, gallery, bookmarks and general topic. What I miss most of the old forum is the simple navigation that sure made it easy to find anything.

Latest posts