Ultrasonic Cleaning of Carbs

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True enough Joe, :yes: but it keeps most owners out, :roll: so it serves it's purpose very well. :smilie_happy:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=187606#p187606:3tgupufm said:
85goldwing » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:26 pm[/url]":3tgupufm]
So has anyone tried putting they vacuum diaphragm though the ultrasonic?
Do you mean the vacuum diaphragm on the ignition?

I have two of those cleaners, both a bit bigger but look exactly like that one of yours. Generic Chinese made, sold under a dozen different names, but they work well. Absolutely invaluable when doing carbs or brake calipers / master cylinders.

Be careful wth the diaphrams. Relatively low powered ultrasonics like these are ok, but bigger/stronger ones can punch holes in old pieces.

Cool. On my Christmas, birthday, Easter, Valentine list. But then I hope I never have to do my carbs again.

Just a thought. Do not put the #3 GL1100 float bowl or the accelerator pump cap in the ultrasonic bath, unless you really want to go hunting for the tiniest brass piece, spring and ball bearing. Ask me how I know! The vibration loosens and removes the brass restrictors and the other bits follow.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188124#p188124:273wb4qk said:
Old Fogey » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:57 am[/url]":273wb4qk]
Just a thought. Do not put the #3 GL1100 float bowl or the accelerator pump cap in the ultrasonic bath, unless you really want to go hunting for the tiniest brass piece, spring and ball bearing. Ask me how I know! The vibration loosens and removes the brass restrictors and the other bits follow.
I did, but only for about 8 minutes and kept the acc pump cap in the basket so I would not loose any parts. Just enough to clean the exterior. I then sprayed carb cleaner through it to clear it.

Would the results/time have to do with the power capability of UC? Short time at UC high power could damage quicker than a low power UC (on high) that could run longer and not loosen parts to falling apart.

On close inspection of my slow jet i see a web like structure in the inflow portion of the slow jet. i have it on all 4 carbs. i reminds me of a spider web that is spun in a piece of pipe. I have poked it a bit with welders tip cleaner that is smaller then the diameter of the opening. Does anyone know if they should be there? I tried to take a picture with my cell phone, but it doesn't turn out.

hmm ive never heard of it before ..but that doesnt mean much on 1200 carbs ..when i did work on 1200 carbs i cleaned those jets totally open ...im rather sure it not suppose to be there in the jet itself ..how could you clean it

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188241#p188241:25y36tnb said:
ekvh » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:09 pm[/url]":25y36tnb]
......and my eyes are pretty good...... up to one foot away.

:smilie_happy:

I have wanted to get one of these cleaners for ages and finally pulled the trigger after your success Gerry. :thanks:
I went for the 6l as it was a really good price, hopefully it works as well as yours.
At the current exchange rate is works out at $91 usd. :yahoo:

Latest posts