I just purchased a Farkle Mount. Installation?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, the email address in the link is the same as you're using here on the forum.

"I just purchased a Farkle Mount."
Seems like some underhanded way to advertise your product and looks like spam Lol.
Why don't you just post your wares in the vendor forum?

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=146770#p146770:2elylcsx said:
zman » 7 minutes ago[/url]":2elylcsx]
I thought it was a joke at first, farkle being slang for accessories this item would be part of farkle but not farkle in its entirety.
Me too and I'm glad you said this.

I've contacted this person and will help him get set up properly on the forum to advertise if he wants.
Will give him the day, if no reply I'll delete his account.

Hmmmm... :headscratch:
Must be pretty complicated if the feller that sells the durn things cain't figure out how to make it werk.... :headscratch: :ahem:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=146771#p146771:3qp85wyd said:
dan filipi » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:21 am[/url]":3qp85wyd]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=146770#p146770:3qp85wyd said:
zman » 7 minutes ago[/url]":3qp85wyd]
I thought it was a joke at first, farkle being slang for accessories this item would be part of farkle but not farkle in its entirety.
Me too and I'm glad you said this.

I've contacted this person and will help him get set up properly on the forum to advertise if he wants.
Will give him the day, if no reply I'll delete his account.
I`m guessing he has a hundred forums to post the same thing on, He`s gonna be busy a while :laptop: .

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=146772#p146772:3ofpiewq said:
AApple » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:28 am[/url]":3ofpiewq]
Hmmmm... :headscratch:
Must be pretty complicated if the feller that sells the durn things cain't figure out how to make it werk.... :headscratch: :ahem:

212814-winnie-the-pooh-think-think-think.gif

Actually, yes. This is my product/company. That said, my intention here is NOT to market it on this forum.

You see, this product has only been available for sale since July of last year. As a result, my ability to reach out to my existing customers is rather limited. This is (perhaps a misguided) attempt to make sure any customers I have, who may utilize this forum, are being adequately attended to.

That said, I can appreciate that without seeing a Farkle Mount in action, you might have a hard time understanding how it differs from other available options. In my (humble) opinion, the other options have one major flaw. None of them provide the rider with the ability to mount a GPS (or anything else) in a "Heads Up" position. The available options I have seen all connect to the bike via the brake/clutch reservoir clamp. While you can also connect the Farkle Mount in this location, the advantage the Farkle Mount offers is twofold.

First is the ability to mount the Farkle Mount to the your bike's "dashboard". This allows you to mount your GPS (for example) in your natural line of sight while riding, the way you might have it on the dash of your car. The other advantage is that it mounts to your dash via a rather small, unobtrusive plate. While the plate stays permanently mounted to your dash, the Farkle Mount can be removed from the plate for storage when not in use. This means you don't have any inelegant hardware hanging on your bike.

The question I posed on this thread, initially, was my attempt to reach out to my customers and inquire if any of them are having trouble installing the mounting plate.

I apologize for my inadvertent misuse of this forum. Thank you for helping to guide me as I reach out to my customers.

Drew

Understood.

Just a heads up.....most forums are on a constant watch for spammers and bots slamming them.
Your first post and it's title came across much like that, especially since it was your first post.

I'll move this thread to the Vendor forum where you can continue to promote your product.

Welcome to the site from New Jersey! :clapping:

A look at your website does not provide much good information (or pictures) of your product. Perhaps some better pictures of exactly what the product is (mounted somewhere) and how it is expected to work best. More examples of it in use would be helpful. :read:

(Note, the youtube video is real small and hard to see.)

Thanks for the tip ... turns out I'm learning that the hard way on a couple of sites ... :fiddle: ... :rtfm: ... ugh!

Regarding the website ... again ... learning this stuff the hard way. I think the video should expand to a larger (if not full) screen. I'll have to chat with my web guy about that. Thanks!!!

Anyway, Thanks for your patience and support.

Drew
:thanks:

Drew, here in New Jersey, the mounting of a device above the dashboard is seen as an obstruction in the direct line of sight. That is the same in a car around here for a GPS; it cannot obstruct your direct line of vision.

Your product is a very cool device, but it may not be able to be mounted like that here. My bike is a Standard with a windshield and I am not sure I have enough real estate on my bike, but I like your mount.

image.php

image.php

I`m guessing there is a non marring magnetic anchor that can take the place of the screw in anchor should Gerry want to mount it to his tank/shelter?

I would ask you to consider that "line of sight" is a matter of perspective.

I actually measured how much additional distance I lose with the Farkle Mount in place, vs no Farkle Mount at all. Remember, you have a fairing in the way already.

I am 5' 11". Sitting on my bike my eyes are ~60" off the ground. I lose 76" of sight off the front wheel of my bike with NO Farkle Mount attached. I lose 106" WITH it attached ... 30" more than with no Farkle Mount at all.

In other words, from the point of a plumb line dropped off the leading edge of my front tire, I cannot see anything closer than 76" in front of me with no Farkle Mount in place. With the Farkle Mount in place, that number goes to 106". Please consider how fast you close a 30" difference at 30 mph.

As a side question, do they ticket guys riding those big 'bat wing' style Harley's where you live? Those fairings come up ridiculously high!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=146827#p146827:22tqiorh said:
Omega Man » 6 minutes ago[/url]":22tqiorh]
Can this product hold a Galaxy Note 3?

Yes ... and no ...

It can hold it, but the Note is too long to fit the sunshade if you want it mounted horizontally.

Sorry.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=146826#p146826:3ecfefw1 said:
zman » 9 minutes ago[/url]":3ecfefw1]
I`m guessing there is a non marring magnetic anchor that can take the place of the screw in anchor should Gerry want to mount it to his tank/shelter?

No chance !!!!!

I will not be responsible for your $700 GPS taking tumble because the magnet didn't hold!!!

Permanent mounted plate only or you void the warranty. Sorry! (blame the lawyers for that one :sensored:)