What are your summer riding plans?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
In August mine is our CGW Midwest meet.
Before that we're doing a family vacation in DC in June, no riding then but I'm feeling a need to take a ride to las Vegas, maybe meet up with Omega man for a ride and go out to dinner either before or after that trip.

I like desert riding so maybe another trip east to Palm springs area. Anywhere to get out of L.A for awhile.

I’ve got nothing set in stone, as yet. However, I have a few ideas I’d like to pursue.

First of all, I’d like to do a run up the coast to San Simeon and back. That seems pretty doable. I’m pretty sure there’s a Vegas run coming up in March as an old HS friend wants to meet me for some reminiscing.

I’d dearly love to make a run to Nebraska to visit family and friends. That seems a little ambitious as I’m still learning to trust my Bird. She’s not so much as hinted at letting me down. Still, to take off on a trip of this nature on a 29 year old bike, on the surface at least, seems ludicrous. That trust will come, or the bike will expose itself long before that time comes, though, since I’m commuting on it.

Of course, all this hinges on what time and finances look like. There will no doubt be some extended rides with the GWRRA club, as well.

Bottom line, one way or another, I’m looking forward to some open road adventure this summer!

Mark

im going to ride around in my yard till everyone gets here for the august meet ...i looked how far it was for me to get here :hihihi: im going to go on lots of rides with the wife as it realy relaxes her ...and its my fovorite thing to do also :mrgreen:

Well I have plans to go to Oregon ASAP and pickup my 1500at my sisters and ride it home, about 560 mi. I also have plans to ride with a friend from here to maby colorado, meet another friend then go south to the southern border and ride east all the southern border around Fl. and up east coast for a while. then will leave my friends and head back to the west coast. At least that is in the plan right now :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :music2:

Going to the Friday 13th at Dover in April and July (that one will be big) going to the August meet in Leemington and hopeing to take a couple of weekend runs in Pennsylvania and around Lake Erie.

MAybe some trips up to Lake George, about 200 or so miles from me. Gettysburg in July, and probably visit some friends up in Vermont. I'm looking forward to a great Summer of riding!

I am the president of Wheels of Faith MM chapter 49 here in Callahan, FL. We are having a National Rally in Maggie Valley NC In June. Looking forward to the ride and fellowship

Just got my first Gold wing and am antsy to get on the road and try her out. Live in Houston so a trip to San Antonio first. Victoria probably next. Considering the Rally in Indiana. Once I get confidence in the ride I will through a West Texas route in there and will finish off with a Ride to the Smokeys.