Let's hear your 2013 ride plans!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
My big ride for the season will be our CGW Midwest Meet.

I'm flying to Chicago to meet up with Piper15T.
I'll be riding his 1100 and he'll be riding his 1500.
Really looking forward to this ride down and back up and spending the weekend at Joe's and meeting everyone coming!

Other than that I think I'm going to have my runner pretty much parked while I work on the 83 parts bike engine.
I'll be refurbishing it and may need parts from my runner engine (with a knocking rod) to complete the build.
I haven't yet decided if I'm going to hone and ring this engine but now that we do have rings easily available its looking like I will.

I'm also looking for a cheap scooter, maybe a dual sport to run around on so there will be some short local rides if I find one I can afford.

no big plans other than trying to get hooch ready to ride ...and ride ..or the angry dresser it meeds some tlc also ...ride ride ride then meet and greet cant wait for round 2

I am shooting for CGW Midwest MNG, but may have to bow out due to a family trip to new Orleans the following weekend. If I can't make it, then I will be doing a trip to Deal's Gap in June.

:moped: 2013 Burn Run-Early May-Shreveport, La

:moped: 3000 mile four week in state (Arkansas) trip, riding all Heritage Trail routes (Trail of Tears crossings), all Civil War routes, all Scenic Byways and state designated motorcycle routes while visiting or camping in every state park in Arkansas. Mid May 2013

:moped: CGW Meet at Joe's in Aug.

:moped: Rest of the year, hopefully just riding, gliding, styling and profiling while doing time on the center line. :hihihi: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

That's the plan, but you know how anything planned usually goes, first your money and then your clothes. :doh: :hihihi:

Other than Laconia in 2 weeks, nothing special but weekend riding where ever the front wheel points!

Mine keep changing! :Awe: Now it just looks like a trip to Springfield Mass, the end of June. I got a part time job to help fund my hobbies, and I am quickly finding out that I don't have much time for my hobbies! :head bang: But if I want to get my 77 back on the road, I need to pay for it some how. :moped:

We are just making plans to do the Napa valley then up to the redwoods in September. We are looking for a good deal on an 1800, I won't sell the 1100 because I just love the bike but wife is the one really pushing for the 1800 because retirement is coming very soon.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=81861#p81861:3fyesqsl said:
joedrum » Wed May 22, 2013 8:59 am[/url]":3fyesqsl]im going to the meet and greet at joes too ....hmmmmm I get to go bring in lost wings to the classic wingnuts and there oldwings ....going to be fun
You better not be late....you will lose your spot! :smilie_happy:

My plans are for a trip from here in Duncanville, to fabulous Plano, Texas.....every day!! :mrgreen:
Perhaps a short weekend jaunt wid Mama.... :Egyptian:

It would of been great if I could of made it to Joes with you guys as well. I will be thinking of you all and the fact that I will be in the US a couple of days after your event. I guess it would be greedy if I managed everything, my wife already thinks that I am with what I have planned.

I will be going to NASSIR 6 in July
Planning on taking the trip to Joe's in August
I will be going to the 1200 forum meet in Sudbury in August

Unfortunately the Classic weekend may be the one that gets usurped heck of a long way away for a bike and it would cost a mortgage and my first born to bring the truck.

I will be going to the Carlisle Swap meet in October (wifey wants to go to Fallingwater) but that will be with the Truck.