Bigfoot Sidecar Club 30th Bigfoot Rendezvous

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This year we are holding our 30th Bigfoot Rendezvous at the Toad Rock Motorcycle Campground near Nelson BC Canada. This is just above Bonners Ferry Idaho. Everyone is welcome with a sidecar or not. Just bring your interest and learn what sidecars are really all about. Dogs are welcome on leash and kids are welcome without. :smilie_happy: Details can be found at https://www.bigfootsidecarclub.com.
The campground gives a discount for camping to anyone with a bike over 30 yrs old so that 83 Wing gets a discount. Hope to see some of you there. Barry

in this stupid country of restrictions it cost a fortune and you have to sign rights away to get passport ...makes it crazy to visit Canada ...what an insane border policy .....and the total loss of travel to American citizens ...while others travel freely ...total discrimination...

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85430#p85430:2fofnc1v said:
joedrum » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:25 am[/url]":2fofnc1v]in this stupid country of restrictions it cost a fortune and you have to sign rights away to get passport ...makes it crazy to visit Canada ...what an insane border policy .....and the total loss of travel to American citizens ...while others travel freely ...total discrimination...

Don't know what rights you think you give up to get a passport or why you think American citizens have a loss of travel. Sure see a lot of them in Canada. :smilie_happy:

Don't know what is required to get US passport except proving your identity but most people that want to drive in just get enhanced drivers licenses. I have lived near the border all my life. I have been fortunate to have many good friends on both sides. My grandmother was from California and my father from Alberta. It amazes me how little most people know about what is on the other side either way. Since 9/11 things have tightened up and that is to be expected. The responsibility now on the shoulders of those that protect our borders is immense and I would not want their job. I am more than happy to be patient while they ask their questions (no matter how many times LOL) and I fully understand why they take it so seriously. I cross the border every couple of weeks and have done so for most of my life. You won't find any discrimination there. Take off sunglasses, turn off engine and answer a few questions. 99% of the time that's it. Just be aware that everyone is subject to a closer examination on occasion so be patient. :yes: Oh yeah! Don't bring guns or an attitude unless you want to spend more time with customs.

iguess you havmt been to southern borders where americans are the only ones being messed with hundreds of miles from the border in fact its closer to a 1000miles ,,,and at the border noone doing squat ...having border guards harassing americans trying to travel down the roads like your suppose to dosnt make anyone safer period and in Canada if your Mexican you don't even need a passport it don't get any more blatant than that ....to get a passport cost huge money ...its insane to buy rights in a suppose free country sorry I totally don't see it any other way ...I don't give out info to a government that wont tell me nothing about them but they want to know everything about the person living under a bridge ....flat out total discrininatipn ....to be president without a birth certificate ...but you cant get a driver license without one unless your an illeagle alien says it all

Actually I was stopped years ago in New Mexico or Arizona, can't remember which LOL, way before 9/11 but I didn't see it as a problem, just someone trying to do his job. Obviously we don't agree or believe everything the same but that is one of the benefits of a free country. I suggest we leave this topic for another time and place and see if we can max out the fun we have with our bikes this year. Getting a new optical ignition for my Guzzi and hope to have it ready for the rally. I really want to get the 83 Wing done properly including new powder coat and paint so I guess it will once again be put off until Fall. Ride Safe.

wow you got one of the optical ignition...ive been really following this for oldwings ...would like to hear your opinion of it on the guzzi when you can ...and yes sorry about my input but it keeps me from meeting people from Canada and going to things there because of the intrusion

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85467#p85467:2r6txcpw said:
joedrum » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:50 am[/url]":2r6txcpw]wow you got one of the optical ignition...ive been really following this for oldwings ...would like to hear your opinion of it on the guzzi when you can ...and yes sorry about my input but it keeps me from meeting people from Canada and going to things there because of the intrusion

Yeah, glwrench is a long time friend. My 83 has a motor he rebuilt and he got me interested in the ignition. My 78 Wing is a work in progress so I thought I'd try one on the Guzzi. I've been through too many Dyna's to trust them so we'll see how this works.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85465#p85465:p8xpx1us said:
sparrowhawkdesign » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 am[/url]":p8xpx1us]Actually I was stopped years ago in New Mexico or Arizona, can't remember which LOL, way before 9/11 but I didn't see it as a problem, just someone trying to do his job. Obviously we don't agree or believe everything the same but that is one of the benefits of a free country. I suggest we leave this topic for another time and place and see if we can max out the fun we have with our bikes this year. Getting a new optical ignition for my Guzzi and hope to have it ready for the rally. I really want to get the 83 Wing done properly including new powder coat and paint so I guess it will once again be put off until Fall. Ride Safe.
I completely agree!

Welcome to the forums!