Most likely cause for brake light failure. ..

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a quick search(here) but didn't find anything. I'm pretty sure they failed before I released the lever, I know they were on. Is it more likely a bulb failed or fuse? All the tail. lights are functioning.

Aye yi yi! So it wasn't the bulbs. After checking all four of them I was standing there scratching my head and I noticed the trunk spoiler brake light was on. Then I noticed my flip flop was pressing the brake pedal... brakes working with pedal but not the handle. Checked all the connections on the handle brake switch but the brakes came on only when manipulating the wires, but only randomly.

Then it hit me, it's not the wires or the connections, it's something that pops up over and over here and most surprising to me I'm learning... after all these years the site is starting to rub off on me. But I digress. I started flicking the lever faster and faster and the sporadic lights started firing everytime. It's a dirty switch(or was). :doh: Remember it was a dirty starter switch messing with my headlight last time?

:smilie_happy:

~O~