turn signals,,,

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trak

Supporting Member
Reaction score
used to have to drive a few miles before they would work.. now ,,,, more like sometimes they work/ sometimes not... I jacked with a ground (awhile back) left side of fairing,, inside, in front of radio controls,, guess i will check it again,, .. The self cancelling part always works.

Could be a bad ground as you say or dirty contacts in the switch. If one side works better than the other it may be a bad or loose bulb or just a dodgy flasher unit. I'd start there with a new flasher and check everything.

guess'n the flasher unit is under the false tank,, haven't 'earned my wings' on removing that yet.. but it will be fun trying. might have to make that a winter project,, need to get a ceiling hung in this bldg. asap. for more than the obvious reason. #@*& !,, add major tooth repair to the list.

I bet the switch is messin up. A bad flasher would normally turn the turn sigs on, but not flash on/off, or not turn on at all. I was having some sort of problem with mine last year, and tried to "repair" the switch, but wound up getting another switch instead....I think I lost a couple of TINY parts outta mine....and one of the TINY springs was broken, anyway. :blush: :blush:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=134497#p134497:14g5tdr6 said:
Trak » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:20 pm[/url]":14g5tdr6]
guess'n the flasher unit is under the false tank,, haven't 'earned my wings' on removing that yet.. but it will be fun trying. might have to make that a winter project,, need to get a ceiling hung in this bldg. asap. for more than the obvious reason. #@*& !,, add major tooth repair to the list.
Yes flasher unit is inside the faux tank under the tool tray on the left side up towards the front.

You can take the flasher unit to an auto store and replace it with a new flasher with the same prongs. Cheaper than one from mother Honda. It may be square and will fit in the round rubber that holds the original unit.