Let's see your rides

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is identical to the one that forced me to fall in love with goldwings. Beautiful peice of art, I am smitten all over again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=179871#p179871:1ksq3gra said:
desertrefugee » September 4th, 2016, 3:41 pm[/url]":1ksq3gra]
Hey Russ! I'm not really a trailer guy, but one of my main riding partners sure is. He has a Uni-Go and a Roll-a-Home.

But, I really like that unit of yours. What make is it?

(Sorry to go off the rails here a bit, but I gotta know).

The trailer is an Late 80s American Legend trailer...

This is the Gold Witch. My endless source of frustration, cuss inducing pride.

IMG_0333a_zpskc7xkyls.jpg

Since this thread seems to have stalled a bit, I thought I'd throw up a couple of recent machines I "had". We're talking only a few years ago, so I figure that's close enough. Won't go into "decades" past, that's a topic for a whole other thread.

Here's the machine that got me into the Goldwing world. A 1984 Aspencade, it had a lot of nice extras when I got it and, boy, did I add a few more. I had way more into it than it was worth, but it sure did love the road. I enjoyed it, but a certain Valkyrie came along and I let it go:
IMG_0402.JPG

This was my lover. My second Vmax - a '94. I miss her terribly. I had an '85 back in the '90s. Foolishly, I let this one go. I made a TON of modifications to this motorcycle. Looong list. Again, a certain Valkyrie came into my life. My reasoning was that the Valk would take the place of both the VMax and the Aspencade. I was wrong, nothing replaces a VMax:
DSCF1954.JPG

Like the Vmax, this machine is an encore of one I had back in the day. In fact, I had the very 1st 1985 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator in Central Florida. Rode it off the dealer showroom. I couldn't pass this one up. I made all the mods to this one that I should have made to the first. All were reversable. Unfortunately, I was rear-ended at a light and it was ruined. Bummed me out. (I was OK).
3414.jpg

My background has always been naked cruiser muscle. I guess I am evolving (read: getting older).

[url=https://forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=181178#p181178:d8tr50hq said:
desertrefugee » Today, 2:52 pm[/url]":d8tr50hq]
Dang, I do like that Army 1200.

Ditto that

I almost went that route since mine was already blacked out all over :nea: but they used that new rubber paint I couldn't stand.
Once stripped tha chrome etc. was so good I dint . I still want one though some day :BigGrin:

I cant stand tha stuff myself Dan. It looks good but Its too soft to be useful on a bike . Anything rubs it makes a dull mark that cant be rubbed out or repaired without redoing tha whole piece. One good thing is its easy to remove, peels right off in big hunks.
for handle bars and such I like the old school Parkerized finish likes on guns. I like wrinkle finish also . I used to spray small stuff with Plasti-kote Wrinkle Finish #217 then bake it dry. It gets tough as nails .Has tha look of some of tha old time electrical components like voltage regulators ect.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=181213#p181213:5uv6fu27 said:
backlander » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:47 pm[/url]":5uv6fu27]
Good looking ride Eric
+1 :good: :moped: :yes:

Here's my old lady. 81 GL1100. Just had her about 8 months. Got lots of plans. Doing them as I can afford em. In the meantime she runs like a dream and starts right up everytime. Paid $1000 for her cleaned the carbs and she was ready to run.

2f74299bd356269014ec882ec73b661c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=181483#p181483:32wj4hzt said:
solacejosh » 14 minutes ago[/url]":32wj4hzt]
Here's my old lady. 81 GL1100. Just had her about 8 months. Got lots of plans. Doing them as I can afford em. In the meantime she runs like a dream and starts right up everytime. Paid $1000 for her cleaned the carbs and she was ready to run.

2f74299bd356269014ec882ec73b661c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Bro, thats a beautiful survivor. I wouldnt do nothing but shine her and ride her.

Latest posts