LOGIN  
Welcome to Classicgoldwings Chat Live Chat:   >   It is currently December 13th, 2017, 12:48 pm
Who Is Online: backlander, pidjones, rooster4321 ....1 guest(s) viewing this forum
Jump to:  

Portal » Forums » Resources » Vendors and Parts Suppliers and Services » WinGovations

Welcome to Classic Goldwings!
You are now viewing the forums as a guest which has very limited access to the forums.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#1  Unread postPosted: October 1st, 2016, 8:10 am

:)
:)
C5 Club
Single Carb Club
Site supporter
knocker

Topic author

Total Posts: 20433
Active Topics: 810

Total Images: 4064
Local time: December 13th, 2017, 12:48 pm
My Rides: 1983 Interstate with '84 1200 engine, Solex single carb, and C5 ignition.
2016 KLR 650
My Bike Logs forum link: viewforum.php?f=122

Profile Personal album

My YouTube Channel
If you want your pic to show like this....

But is shows like this....

The problem is the camera orientation.... and the forum software understanding which way you held the camera or phone.
The way you hold the camera is known as "orientation".

Holding the phone this way is called "portrait"

Holding it this way is called "landscape"

Possibly a camera can react differently than a phone as far as how the forum software understanding how the picture should display.
Also, how a picture displays on the forum whether taken in portrait or landscape could be different from one phone to another, being android, Apple, or others like Windows phone.

On my iPhone 7 and my old iPhone 6, taking the picture in portrait then uploading it as an attachment, the forum would display it sideways. Taking the picture in landscape, it would display correctly.

Either way, the picture orientation can be corrected on the computer by opening it in most photo viewers that allow editing like Paint or Irfanview and others, rotate it if necessary, then save it before uploading to the forum. This may not be possible sometimes like if you're away on a trip and uploading directly from the phone to the forum. There may be a way on the phone itself to re-orientate the photo.

To practice, feel free to use the Test Forum.

Post your experiences uploading photos and how it works out for you, or if you need any help posting pictures so we can put an end to sideways photos!

PLEASE! Use your Gallery album for saving pictures instead of using attachments or picture sharing sites, especially technical reference pics. This will make sure your images will ALWAYS be in your post and the discussion thread will make sense!
Go HERE and learn how to use the Gallery.

Image Image ImageClick to order CGW Stuff

If you know someone can embroider our 3" patch, let me know!
My photo gallery
How to use the Gallery, Part 1, Part 2

How to add your bike photo to the rotating banner and our Banner Rides Page.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#2  Unread postPosted: October 2nd, 2016, 12:33 pm

Site supporter

Total Posts: 3313
Active Topics: 141

Total Images: 11
Local time: December 13th, 2017, 4:48 pm
My Rides: '93gl1500se..........william

Profile Personal album

if your pic's are sideways and you are using windows 7 all you need to do is open up the pic on your computer and rotate it until it displays correctly, windows will save the pic automaticly when you close the pic

'75cb750k, '79cb750f, '79 super-K,
'85cb450sc, '05 sunL70
'99ST1100 '06ST1300
IBA 58509 MILE EATER
HAT!
MOA
william

Print view |
LOGIN  
Welcome to Classicgoldwings Chat Live Chat:   >   It is currently December 13th, 2017, 12:48 pm