LOGIN  
Welcome to Classicgoldwings Chat Live Chat:   >   It is currently December 12th, 2017, 9:27 pm
Who Is Online: Durfdog ....1 guest(s) viewing this forum
Jump to:  

Portal » Forums » Resources » Vendors and Parts Suppliers and Services » C5Performance

Welcome to Classic Goldwings!
You are now viewing the forums as a guest which has very limited access to the forums.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#1  Unread postPosted: October 10th, 2017, 1:40 pm

Site supporter
C5 Club

Topic author

Total Posts: 737
Active Topics: 33

Total Images: 92
Local time: December 13th, 2017, 12:27 am
My Rides: 1978 GL1000
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
CB750's (many)
CB350
CB175

Profile Personal album

*NEWS FLASH*

C5 Performance is back in the Goldwing game!

As some may already know, we ran out of the Gen 4 Goldwing kits recently. Since the new CDL2 ignition fits inside the stock GL1000 points housing we've decided to shake things up a bit and save everyone some money.

The new Gen 5 Goldwing kit is reduced in price by $75 USD!!

We invented a conversion plate that fits the GL1000 points housing. Since the electronic reader was a bit too tall for the stock Honda cover, we also made a spacer/gasket that was thick enough to clear the electronics. This can be used on GL1000 and GL1100 heads.

The ignition ground lead is now hidden in the main wire harness for better protection. We improved the electronics and ditched all the old coils for the powerful VS and MC series coils. All C5 ignitions above serial number #11000 must be paired with the newer coils. The ignition continues to have four (4) timing maps and remains fully programmable.

As GL1000 owners might recall, the QT coil (barely) fit where the stock GL1000 coils once sat. The upgraded VS4 coil is rated for higher power, has auto overheat shut down, and has a large aluminum finned heat sink to keep things cool... but they are slightly larger. I haven't verified but don't believe the VS4 coil will clear the stock airbox inlet... so for those running a single carb, it might fit just fine using a flat plate for mounting. If you are using a stock airbox or have a GL1100, I highly recommend the pair of MC2 coils. These thin coils fit the GL1100 frame bracket nicely.

Our parts should be ready later this week (fingers crossed) and we'll test fit the day after. Since our email in box exploded when people found out we discontinued the old kit, I just updated our website including the Goldwing page. We will fill back orders in the same order they were received.

Thank you for your patience as we try to support the Goldwing community with affordable and reliable parts.

(Side note: My wife and I met BrianinPA this summer at a tractor pull. It was great to see an old friend who was one of our first customers, and talk bikes for awhile.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. You must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.

http://www.c5ignitions.com

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsjTrvH26j1bkF_uDZu1qnw

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#2  Unread postPosted: October 10th, 2017, 2:57 pm

Site supporter
Single Carb Club
C5 Club

Total Posts: 17367
Active Topics: 182

Total Images: 1669
Local time: December 13th, 2017, 1:27 am
My Rides: A bunch in the works

Profile Personal album

My YouTube Channel
Nice..great hearing from you Paul ..I also seen your post on Oliver tractor pullers Facebook page...and commented.....I've have got a white 4-150 fram tractor now as a project to work on now ..it has a 3208 cat motor ...doesn't need a c5....seems the cat powered white and Oliver tractors are tearing it up at the tractor pulls...hope to get with some day sooner than later ...I enjoy tractor pulls also...

thank god and hooch im gone

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#3  Unread postPosted: October 10th, 2017, 4:35 pm

Site supporter
C5 Club

Topic author

2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
CB750's (many)
CB350
CB175

Profile Personal album

Hey Joe!

I'm still around although probably working a bit too much. Are you still down in Florida? Hopefully you all survived the storms ok.
Hooch needs to stay out of the salt water, right?

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#4  Unread postPosted: October 10th, 2017, 4:55 pm

Site supporter
Single Carb Club
C5 Club

Total Posts: 17367
Active Topics: 182

Total Images: 1669
My Rides: A bunch in the works

Profile Personal album

My YouTube Channel
I'm actually in Indiana right now building a house for my son ...hooch is really running strong but has a knock right now ...I will be wintering over here this year it's looking like....I was just on your Facebook page ...s

thank god and hooch im gone

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#5  Unread postPosted: October 10th, 2017, 5:03 pm

Global Moderator
C5 Club

Total Posts: 14461
Active Topics: 147

Total Images: 112
My Rides: 98 Valkyrie, 84 Standard, X2 80GL1100,81GL1100,82KZ750,81 Seca750 ++

Profile Personal album

This is really great news! Saving for goodies has gotten a lot harder since my income is now 1/4 of what it used to be per hour. Was working 60 hours last job . Now lucky to get over 30 hours. Oh well much happier and feel much better too.

Vote NO on taxes, levies, and incumbents.
Every day I learn I know less than I thought I did.
Every time something is made idiot proof. The world produces a better idiot!
Maturity like wisdom seldom arrives without age. Far too often though age arrives without either.
ImageImage Image
Politicians are like diapers. They need changed often. For the same reason.
A fine is tax you pay for doing wrong. A tax is fine you pay for doing well.
Second place makes you first loser.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#6  Unread postPosted: October 11th, 2017, 11:45 am

Site supporter
C5 Club

Topic author

2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
CB750's (many)
CB350
CB175

Profile Personal album

By using the Honda housing and converting it to C5 that allowed us to drop the price.
The CDL ignition has a bunch of small improvements and the VS coils are insanely high tech.

We are also coming out with a new coil that can be used with stock points (ditch the condenser).
A pair of them for a Goldwing will be $338 and you will never burn up a set of points again.
It's called the C5 Alive coil because it's got a microprocessor and thinks on its own. All voltage is carried by the coil itself and it has auto shut off.

Heck, it even multiple sparks during engine start up!

I am determined to expand our motorcycle offerings as time allows. This year was another record year for us so it's difficult to sneak in shop time for design work. Slabghost you need to find me a super cheap 1500cc engine so we can finish that project as well.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#7  Unread postPosted: October 11th, 2017, 6:22 pm

Global Moderator
C5 Club

Total Posts: 14461
Active Topics: 147

Total Images: 112
My Rides: 98 Valkyrie, 84 Standard, X2 80GL1100,81GL1100,82KZ750,81 Seca750 ++

Profile Personal album

By using the Honda housing and converting it to C5 that allowed us to drop the price.
The CDL ignition has a bunch of small improvements and the VS coils are insanely high tech.

We are also coming out with a new coil that can be used with stock points (ditch the condenser).
A pair of them for a Goldwing will be $338 and you will never burn up a set of points again.
It's called the C5 Alive coil because it's got a microprocessor and thinks on its own. All voltage is carried by the coil itself and it has auto shut off.

Heck, it even multiple sparks during engine start up!

I am determined to expand our motorcycle offerings as time allows. This year was another record year for us so it's difficult to sneak in shop time for design work. Slabghost you need to find me a super cheap 1500cc engine so we can finish that project as well.

I will happily get off my Valkyrie and let you do whatever. I trust you completely and have a few 1200's as back up. Big issue is location. I'm here and you aren't. I can't afford transportation either way. If you can both ways come get it.

Vote NO on taxes, levies, and incumbents.
Every day I learn I know less than I thought I did.
Every time something is made idiot proof. The world produces a better idiot!
Maturity like wisdom seldom arrives without age. Far too often though age arrives without either.
ImageImage Image
Politicians are like diapers. They need changed often. For the same reason.
A fine is tax you pay for doing wrong. A tax is fine you pay for doing well.
Second place makes you first loser.

Print view |
LOGIN  
Welcome to Classicgoldwings Chat Live Chat:   >   It is currently December 12th, 2017, 9:27 pm