Harbor Freight cycle lift table on sale this weekend 289.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_Charlton

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1984 GL1200I
1988 GL1500
Cheapest price I've seen for it. I paid 299 when I bought mine.
The table works good, but takes up a lot of floor space when not in use.
Some folks use them to park a bike on.

Got mine for $299, too. Heckuva bargain - especially now that they have the bugs out of them. If I don't have a bike on mine (rarely) my Westfalia parks over it. So, then it takes no space at all!

That is what I kept saying Brian. You need to bite the bullet and get one.
My clothes stay cleaner now that I am not crawling on the ground all the time.

Only problem with it is I dropped the bike getting it off the lift. My feet can't touch the ground when the bike is on or going up the lift.

I am going to build a walkway on both sides so my feet have something to touch.

If you do get one, the first time you put it on, run the front tire to the right so the kickstand has 1/2inch of room.

Yeah, I have to agree that the thrill of using this thing goes up linearly with the size of the motorcycle you're loading...

It's best not to dilly-dally running one up onto the table. Just goose it and get it into the chock. Speaking of which, the very first thing I did was replace the cheesy chock supplied with the lift with a HF floor unit I already had. Much better:

IMG_5233.JPG

This one of those things that I don't need all the time, but if you need it, you really need it. It's too big to just sit in the garage and too big to carry in when you want to use it; beside it would get crappy if left outside. I need another garage.

They are nice when you use them though. I was going to work on the Rats Nest on the centre stand but I think that I will now use the table lift instead.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=194903#p194903:cfbcm0y5 said:
Ansimp » Today, 12:42 am[/url]":cfbcm0y5]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=194899#p194899:cfbcm0y5 said:
wedoo2 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:32 pm[/url]":cfbcm0y5]
What is the table lift?
Here it is in operation with my mates CB1300 the Hulk. :good:

The table looks like the Aussie version of the HF lift. I can see it is well used. One thing I noticed is that the removable plate is closer to the front of the bike instead of the rear like the HF. BTW, that motorcycle is awespme.

To work on the front end we backed the bike on. I had to remove the wheel clamp as the rear wheel was too wide to fit it so we just ratchet strapped the rear down.

Status
Not open for further replies.