• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1983 Interstate $1350 Rides and runs Seattle

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pony Ruiz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time to let it go. I want/need to finish my GL 1000 project. Space is needed - physical and mental.

Bought about 5yrs ago. Swapped out the motor for low mileage motor thinkin this would be my touring rig. I was a bit more energetic then. :roll:
43K+ on the bike, less than 25k on the motor.
its brown but the tank is maroon. I had planned to paint everything.
stebel horn
headlight relay mod.
randakk carb rebuild
new belts 3k
tires 2k on front 3k on rear
ss braided brake lines w/ speed bleeders
digital radio mp3 capable
aux port.
voltmeter

Everything works
I really like this bike but I have two other GW's that I want to finish. That and I'd like to try something newer and different. Triumph Bonneville is in my future I'll keep the 1000.

I tried posting pics but the uploading process just kept on going so I gave up. You can view a few pics as I have it listed on Seattle CL locally.

Good thing its so far away, i'd be tempted to have triplets. This would be the perfect beginning for something custom because all the required background stuff is done already. Someone is going to get a great starting point...or just ride it as is and enjoy the ride.

Still in the garage. A few online tire kickers, but no "real" interest.
SlabG - I think you are correct - Its a bit early.

I see why people put stuff in CL ads like: I will not do this that etc. etc. Doesn't help they keep coming anyway :head bang:

I need a little break from that too. :yes: