For Sale: Keys cut by code

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roncar

Reaction score
I have the equipment to cut your vintage Goldwing keys by code (5 number, 3 number, and A,B,C,D+2 numbers.) Keys cut by code are far superior to a duplicate of a worn out duplicate.

A spare key in the wallet, or hidden on the bike, can save hundreds if you misplace your keys on a trip.

Key-less OEM locks?
Bike on Craigslist without keys?
Key comes out in the ON position? You think that's a neat 'feature'? Read here ARRRRRGH!!! 'Wing keys fell out...
(Depending on the key code and the wear in the lock, a new code cut key may still not prevent a key from coming out in the ON position. Take precautions to prevent loss of key.)

**NOTE** If your lock has been altered, the code on the lock may not work.
If your key has been altered, the code on the key may not work.
If you have a working key and no code, I MAY still be able to help.

Keys cut by code are $5.50 each.

Where are these elusive codes? Here are a few locations.

A 75 or 76 ignition lock code 77890.
image.php

A 75 or 76 helmet lock code 29087.

image.php

A 77-82? ignition lock code 117.

image.php

A 78 or 79 Shelter cover code 508.

image.php

A GL1100 trunk lock code 616.

image.php

A 82-83 GL1100 saddlebag code A31.

image.php

A GL1100 cover code 314.

image.php

These are the blanks I'm currently using. Subject to change based on availability.

image.php

Click here to PM me.

Ron, how about in the other direction. Can you change locks to match to one key? I have an ignition key, 3 seperate trunk keys and a seperate shelter key. My shelter lock broke and I want to replace it but was concerned that I would have yet another key!

(My current shelter key resembles a small screw driver! :smilie_happy: )

:clapping: :thanks: :good:

Ron, thanks for offering this, and for the support of the site with this, and everything else you does here. :thanks:
P/M coming yer way! :laptop:

mcgovern61":2v0oulvx said:
...Can you change locks to match to one key?...
It 'CAN' be done but some of the locks are not designed to come apart and cosmetic irregularities are inevitable. This is a shelter lock I rekeyed. From 10 feet it looks great. :whistling:
rekeyedshelterlock.jpg
Ignition locks are the same way, trunk locks, however, are easily rekeyed.

dan filipi":2v0oulvx said:
About the shelter lock.
I really don't need it to lock, in fact it gets in the way.
Has anyone seen a push button to open?
I say an article at goldwingfacts.com (I think) on cutting the head off of a key and gluing a radio knob on it. Looks like a turn knob latch.

dan filipi":2ajtn5w1 said:
About the shelter lock.

Ya means like this un?

latch.jpg

This is a rear storage compartment latch for the '68-'82 Corvette....Imma tinkin it may work jess rite....
I might even be talked into taking one of mine out and checking.... :whistling:

AApple":1hxs93m8 said:
dan filipi":1hxs93m8 said:
About the shelter lock.

Ya means like this un?

This is a rear storage compartment latch for the '68-'82 Corvette....Imma tinkin it may work jess rite....
Yes perfect :beg:

Got my OEM key for Atila from roncar today. Works perfect. The only problem is the switch must have wiring problem as nothing comes on in the on position. It starts and runs with hotwire so I guess it's wire tracing time. Hats off to ron, he's a standup guy, good to do business with.

AApple":3kdqtb25 said:
dan filipi":3kdqtb25 said:
About the shelter lock.

Ya means like this un?

Thats what I need! (Still going to my other locks rekeyed!)

This thing had jumper wires and toggle switches all over it when I got it including a toggle switch for a hotwire ignition system so I'm pretty sure it's a wiring thing instead of the switch itself. I'll just have to trace it down.

mcgovern61":22luorin said:
Can you change locks to match to one key? I have an ignition key, 3 separate trunk keys and a separate shelter key.

Another caveat, in order to rekey a lock to a key, the key has to fit in the lock. Honda used two key profiles and they are not interchangeable. Replacing the lock(s) so you have all using the same key type (Honda calls them Type 1 and Type 2, but I don't know which is which) is your only viable option. As you have "FIVE" different keys, your odds are good that you have a mix of the 2 types of keys.

image.php

And another side note for those mixing and matching locks from different years, the keys and locks on the 75 and 76 used the same profiles, but they are different. The newer keys will fit in, and can be cut to, the older locks, but the older keys will not fit in the newer locks, even if they have the same profile. So if you have a 75 or 76 and still have/use the oem keys, you need to use the 75 and 76 locks (with the correct profile) in order to be able to rekey them to your oem key. There was another change ~1983, but the keys are the same and it can be worked around.

Got mine yesterday, quality keys thanks Ron. It's nice to know the key will now stay in the ignition. I still plan to use the carabeaners(sp?) I used before, but now I wont have to worry about the keys scratching the tank shelter cause they aint coming out of the ignition anymore. :thanks:

~O~

MordiRider":ivcbwlci said:
How did push button option go Dan?
I never got around to doing it and Aapple never looked to see if it fits.
Guess we got distracted but I do want to do this!

Guys, I sent Ron a PM with my information asking to have a key cut......18 minutes later he sent me one......"cut and mailed"
Talk about sudden service! :music:

Of course it works perfectly. :clapping:

Thanks Ron.

Latest posts