• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted, 85-87 1200 short block

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wingrider

Reaction score
My Bike Models
2002 Honda Goldwing, 2001 Honda Valkyrie Interstate solo’d. 1978 Honda Goldwing with Motorvation sidecar, 1977 Honda Goldwing modified, 1974 Suzuki GT550
Hello all,

I am looking for a good short block 85-87 1200 engine. Doesn't need heads or Carburation, but most everything else would be appreciated. Would prefer it a fairly short drive from MN.

Please PM or email me with what you have, and what you need to get out of it.

Thanks for looking! :BigGrin:

After seeing what can be done with the 84 engines, I would also consider one of them, or whole engine.

I don't know Joe, the 1800 seems pretty good to me...haven't modified that engine yet.

Now if I can get another 1200 to work on, the garage will be full!

the 1800 and the 1500 are fine bikes .....for what they consider high tech today iconsider just user unfriendly tech ...this alone dose it for me i wouldnt buy anything made that way or fly by wire crap ...im a machnical genious and there passing laws right now to make people like this prison material .......todays tech in cars is no different than killer drones ...i wouldnt own something that video jockey could take over and run it over a clift ....on the modding side todays motors are machanical retards and can not operate on there own ...the parts have been turned into killer computer chips...the cost of this crap that indangers the buyers ....personally i know of a killer blazier ...every time it is put in 4wd low ...then put in drive it floors the throttle without you pushing the gas ... it is totally evil to build such a thing that the driver is in no physically control of nothing ......there is no telling how many people kids mothers ..fathers...and americans been killed by run away stupid as hell tech...nope not me ...ill make my own travel minus killer drone tech....the 1800 would be a great bike minus the high tech .....with it.... its is a loaded gun with no safety to me :mrgreen:

that looks a little rough ....it is not unfounded ... i bought a suv... needed for around here where i live ... before i really had time to go over it totally ...it was needed because slabghost was stuck here and needed something to get home ... so me and son got everything ready lights tag insurance and what not and drove the suv to V as a way home ...thinking i was doing a great thing ...thank god the 5 months he nad the suv he never put it in 4wd low .....i endanger one of my best friends over this high tech crap.....this killer crap suv sits in my driveway totally disable ...no battery and disarm by me in way no one can figure out ... and it will remain that ... if i cant strip this thing to a user controlled only suv ...i will personally destroy beat this weapon into scrap ... im sure the people i got from neglected to tell me about the problem ...that wont happen again :thanks:

he ask why i thought the 1200 short block was the best honda ever did ... it is a complete motor with no missing mechanical parts that the owner can work with ....there is no rambling about making something so high tech that if a chip goes bad there is no back up system of shut down and peoples lives are in danger ...plain and simple ...to me this is rather dim witted engineering by people not a slam to high tech ....the c5 ignition for example dose one thing ignition and it dose it well ..with no safety issues what so ever ...it is why i use it and very proud of it ...and thats from me a known old school guy....i sit no where ..if something better it is ...but if it has side that is a danger to life ...it is no good ...it is my belief this is easy to make a hi tech transportation that dosnt pose a threat to life ...and at least made with safe shut down system as oppose to none ... i am not a great guy with words and really no genius ...i cant even spell it right without the red line mispeller ....i would not want to be in the seat of a bike after what happen to me in that suv ...

Yes I understand the part where you proclaimed yourself a GL 4 cylinder genius, but you need mention you are prejudiced against the 1500 and 1800 engines because they are in fact NOT worse than any other GL engine, and you are really just afraid a GL 1500 or GL1800 you might be riding might get hacked by the government that is truly out to get you. :roll: . And yes your rant about the suv did sound insane.

Engine has been found. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts