KB's HF trailer build

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't made much progress yet...gotta get a '77CB750 and a '77CB550 of the lift table first

Attachments

• IMG_1750small.jpg
    IMG_1750small.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 196
Hi, I might be completely wrong, or didnt read the entire post ?? but don't you need a "shackle" or "some form of movement" on one end of the spring ? as it compresses it "grows "longer, the way it looks like it is mounted "with no movement" it's Not even allowing the spring to compress ???

file.php

You'll notice one end of the spring has an eye the bolt goes through (front). The other end is just bent down so the bolt can hold it up. That end slides as it moves.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=193979#p193979:1zbjsqvi said:
slabghost » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:04 pm[/url]":1zbjsqvi]
file.php

You'll notice one end of the spring has an eye the bolt goes through (front). The other end is just bent down so the bolt can hold it up. That end slides as it moves.

That's similar to my boat trailer that I modified except it doesn't bend over: the leaf spring just slips into the bracket. It rattled like crazy, so I bolted some pieces of tire rubber to the leaf spring to quiet it down a bit. That made a big difference. During my recent trip to WV, the only thing I heard from the trailer was the trailer tongue receiver squeaking on the ball.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=193989#p193989:2oj2ssk2 said:
PurpleGL1200I » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:54 pm[/url]":2oj2ssk2]
Kerry;

Is this trailer in addition to the one you brought to Carlyle Lake?

Tom

Tom, this is the very beginning of the carlyle trailer, you have to see "Harbor Freight Teardrop" for the build report.
There was supposed to be a successor trailer by now but I got involved in rehabbing an '85 Winnebago instead. Not giving up on a leisure-lite clone with a teardrop twist...maybe this winter, that project would fit indoors!