Motor Cycle Teardrop Camper

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sledge

Reaction score
as some of you folks know , me and my wife are members of a Teardrop camping group. we built our all wood Teardrop 10 years ago , and we have camped in it in 15 states , and towed it well over 40,000 miles. here is a picture of our Teardrop , but next, i want you to see what pulled into a campground where we was camping . now keep in mind Our Teardrop is 8 ' X 5' 7" wide .....

image.php

we was camping in Va. at what the group calls the East Coast Nationals , when this guy pulled in with this , and he built it all himself . it was an amazing little piece of work to say the least . I just thought it might help somebody , or at least give somebody an Idea .

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

Man that's a lot of trailer behind a bike. Don't think I have the guts to try it.
Well maybe I would in certain parts of the country but nowhere within a few hundred miles of me anyhow.
Nice build though, both of them!

i don't remember the exact weight , but it was like 300 lbs i think..or close . pretty much everything was Aluminum except the Axle . and its pretty small too , I would guess no more than 5 ' something long , and maybe 3' wide . . . a Real Teardrop like Ours has a Galley in the rear that opens like a Hatchback car . . but this little one was Just a sleeping space for 1 person . but , it would sure beat a Tent with a Sleeping Bag laying on a Rock ...... :smilie_happy:

sledge":fnrknpuk said:
i don't remember the exact weight , but it was like 300 lbs i think..or close . pretty much everything was Aluminum except the Axle . and its pretty small too , I would guess no more than 5 ' something long , and maybe 3' wide . . . a Real Teardrop like Ours has a Galley in the rear that opens like a Hatchback car . . but this little one was Just a sleeping space for 1 person . but , it would sure beat a Tent with a Sleeping Bag laying on a Rock ...... :smilie_happy:
I have looked into this hard and heavy and i cannot make the numbers work and have durability without the use of trailer brakes to compensate the weight . Granted the blueprints I have drawn were to fit a twin bed and rear hatch (L68xW40xH36 inside ). Just in aluminum alone it comes out too 376lbs (built strong enough to last) even without the axel or anything ammenities wise . You could build it from thinner stuff but between wind resistance vibration and shock I do not see how it could last more than a few yrs if you really used it regularly. PLUS aluminum aint cheap...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk