Haulmaster LED Light Kit

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgovern61

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
Former '82 GL1100 "The Slug"
When I purchased my Harbor Freight Tag A Long trailer, I had a blast building it and have taken it thousands of miles at this point and it is a great investment. :yes:

When I first got it, the paperwork came with a DMV Certificate of Manufacturing (from China) so that you can get a Title for it. I kinda laughed at the information at the time because it states the city (town) and province the trailer was manufactured. I signed all of he documents and warranty forms for HF.

Well, now I am glad I did. It turns out that the HF trailer lighting does not meet US Highway standards 100% and HF actually had a recall. I was surprised that such a small trailer would be worthy of recall. I sent my recall notice back and, voila, I have just received a brand new set of LED trailer lights plus wiring! :yahoo:

image.php

It came with standard bulbs. I think the issue was brightness and lighting up the license plate. I already bypassed the license plate lighting because I re-positioned the plate and added LED license plate lights anyway.

image.php

I think the reason for the recall my have been the lack of reflectors behind the brake light bulbs. When I switched mine over to LED's I found it necessary to put reflectors In because the LED bulbs shine so much of their light sideways instead of out the back of the housing. I'm pleased they sent me new ones, now I have lights for my next trailer project!

:smilie_happy: I wish, but no, that tag was actually just handed to me over the counter at DMV just as it was the next standard plate out of the pile.