Cool sidecars

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Very Nice!!! Some of them are just too funny :mrgreen:

I like this one but only if it comes with the ladies :smilie_happy:

Attachments

• sidecar.jpg
    sidecar.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 434
BigAndrew":stpdfcpj said:
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Very Nice!!! Some of them are just too funny :mrgreen:

I like this one but only if it comes with the ladies :smilie_happy:

If I'm not mistaken, which I probably am, I read somewhere that they actually race that hack. Just in different uniforms. :mrgreen:

What....no Yugos as hacks? :nea:

I like the VW one, and the Citroen 2CV one...those are kewl! Well...They're all kewl, but.... :eek:k:

Those are really cool! I've always been interested in sidecars. I'd love to have one at some point! I know the kids would love to be able to ride in one. :)

Pictures 2 and 3 show the same springer front on goldwings. Anyone have any info on this fork assembly?

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=186677#p186677:3q05xo3x said:
slabghost » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:44 pm[/url]":3q05xo3x]
Pictures 2 and 3 show the same springer front on goldwings. Anyone have any info on this fork assembly?

Actually called a leading link front fork, standard on older BMW motorcycles. Strange sensation when braking due to the geometry, the front end actually rises when you brake hard. The "fork tubes" are bent toward the rear of the bike and there is a swing arm mounted "backwards" sticking toward the front of the bike with the front axle on the forward end and shock/springs mounted.

Companies still make them for use with trike and sidecar kits due to improvements in handling over hydraulic front forks in a no lean situation like a trike or sidecar. CLICK HERE to go to an explanation from a sidecar forum.

They are great on sidecar rigs from what I have heard from folks I have ridden with over the nearly 50 years I have been riding. I tried a friend's sidecar one time on 1974 BMW with hydraulic forks and did not like not leaning in turns which has nothing to do with the forks. I had a friend with a mid 60s BMW with Earles forks (one version of a leading link) that I rode a number of times back in the early seventies, handled well enough but took a bit to get used to the above mentioned rise in the front end under braking.

Dave / Believer45