GL1000 Clutch Removal Problems

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrencher

Reaction score
Hello. I am new with the forum and am seeking assistance. According to my GL1000 Honda Shop Manual the clutch can be removed with the engine in the frame. I removed the cover but cannot get the Clutch Center (aluminum inner part) out. There does not seem to be enough room with the engine on the frame. Any suggestions?

Pull the engine. It will be way easier than struggling in that tiny space. Then u can clean the engine screen too. Tgats another thing your "supposed" to be able to do without removing the engine.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156065#p156065:1bv14u7d said:
bronko37 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:06 pm[/url]":1bv14u7d]
Pull the engine. It will be way easier than struggling in that tiny space. Then u can clean the engine screen too. Tgats another thing your "supposed" to be able to do without removing the engine.
nope, it aint easy, not a lot of room. i have also just replaced a neutral switch and cleaned the screen on one of my LTD's in situ. again , not easy but doable. :BigGrin:

Latest posts