Looking for part identification

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry

Reaction score
Well yesterday I got the 1000 all stripped down to the frame and motor. I thought I was being pretty organized with tagging and labels etc. for easy reassembly. Evidently not. :head bang:
I walked out this morning and there lying under the frame was a part I didn't recognize or remember removing.
It looks like a spacer but exactly where it belongs is yet to be figured out. Now it's not the stepped spacer on the left side the rear wheel.
This (spacer???) looks like a piece of pipe, it's 1 inch OD and 3 1/2 inches long.
If someone knows please let me know. I don't want to spend forever searching parts fische diagrams if I don't have to.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=158260#p158260:1zt4f4w5 said:
joedrum » 50 minutes ago[/url]":1zt4f4w5]
home

Thanks for your guidance Joe, I figured someone on here had seen it before.

The bike runs nice without it-I did it and had to take the wheel back off to put that piece in it's place. Everyone on this site told me to put it on correctly- so I did it as they here all knowing are usually right. Which I am grateful for.

Do I have to change my signature pic as I no longer have my beloved friend any longer?

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=158595#p158595:10x3byn6 said:
wilcoy02 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:25 pm[/url]":10x3byn6]
The bike runs nice without it-I did it and had to take the wheel back off to put that piece in it's place. Everyone on this site told me to put it on correctly- so I did it as they here all knowing are usually right. Which I am grateful for.

Do I have to change my signature pic as I no longer have my beloved friend any longer?
Nope! You can if you like. I expect you probably will once you get the next one. :yes:

Jeesh, now you guys have me wondering, I pulled my wheel and drive off last month and laid my drive here and there but never thought to look at it to see if the spacer was still there, guess I should look on the shed floor and see. Torqued it and been riding it fine, better look for it just in case..you say they fall out easy?

It's one of those things--Dang if you do and Dang if you don't.
I took my wheel off and it was not on there. But then I had the piece in my hand and did not know where it went.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=158797#p158797:1c04a9z7 said:
Denver » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:19 pm[/url]":1c04a9z7]
Pull axle back past bearing & feel with your finger to see if it's there. :yes:
Mine is in there, little bit of work but I feel better knowing.

Always a good thing, when a check of something wasn't really necessary, as it was fine. :yes: But it will bother you till you do. :hihihi: Glad it was in there. :good: