new member here: Starter Question

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirWoody

Reaction score
Hello all new member here in indiana I need some help with starter issues and am changeing motor on another gl1000 looking for all the info i can get I was told you could help
Woody

Welcome to the CGW forums, Woody!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Post your question on the starter in the "Shop Talk and Tech Discussions" forums and you'll get plenty of help/info!! In fact, I may move this there for ya! :good:

What kind of starter problems are ya having?

Well ty for all the welcomes lol lol the info i got from the forums fixed the starter yaaaaa the problem that got me workn on the bike was fuel delivery i thought was a weak fuel pump so i changed it evidently to a weaker pump lol just my luck the problem is little or no fuel is getting to the filter therefore none to the pump and or carbs. was running fine till fuel got very low a week ago and wouldnt restart

Hiya Woody, welcome from corn country Illinois. I would check the simple stuff first...make sure the fuel lines don't have any small cracks or holes. If you are not getting fuel "to" the filter check flow at the petcock, maybe some rust or other material in the tank restricting flow. These 1st gen wings have a history of fuel "gravity flowing" so if you are not seeing fuel flowing to the filter I would start at the tank and work my way to the pump.