Stuck gear shift

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

transitman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi
Still building the trike but hit a new snag. Fitted a jockey shifter and started hunting for a neutral. Made a few gear shifts and it seemed to be going ok and then it became stuck. Disconnected the jockey shifter and pulled off the front down pipe for access and yes, it is well stuck. Turned the engine over on the Propshaft and operated the clutch but made no difference. Could see the engine was turning by watching the camshaft movement.

Tried to load a pic but it wouldn't do it.

Anyway, just can't get the gear shift to rotate, stuck fast. Any ideas please?
Baz

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 316
Try turning the crankshaft a bit. It's possible the gears are not able to mesh in the current position.

Thanks guys. I can see that the engine turns over in gear that it's stuck in. Unable to rock it too and fro because to get it moving at all I have had to take out one of the half shafts. Will be able to try that later, and may have to wait until I get the engine running. Long way off that as yet

Did try moving the selector whilst mate turned the Propshaft but didn't help. Probably need to be turning over with a bit of force

I had that happen on another bike, I just started it and took off in the gear it was in and came unstuck while riding, It didnt give me any trouble afterwards...sometimes they just need to go I guess.