83 Cast GL1100 front wheel..

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fogey

Reaction score
into 79 GL1000 forks? Does anyone know if there is room for this much wider rim wheel (2.50 with 120/18 against 1.85 with 100/19). This is looking into the future to get tubeless and wider on the Swan. I don't really want to go to all the hassle of swapping a whole front end.
Already picked up a new rear Lester, but 19" /5 bolt front Lester will perhaps not be too easy to find. The 1100 wheel is readily available and a reasonable match for the rear.
Might not happen this year but certain to be over 2018 to get some decent amount of miles in.

i have 1000 forks and brakes ....with 1200 mag wheel and 1100 all steel rotor ...130 90 16 tire ....it was to big for stock fender ...had to use a crotch rocket fender to work ....but works nice it seems to me ...so what your talking should all work id say ...

Thanks for the info, Joe. It needs to be a quick easy swap-over as I will be doing it in Doug's garage and I will already have taken up too much time and room pulling the engine to fix an oil leak.