What fuel filter?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cervantes

Reaction score
When I was at the local NAPA place, they looked up filters for my '79 Goldwing 1000, but had no listing for a fuel filter. Hmm. My guess is that they have half a dozen back there that would work fine - but since it is not in the book, I am stuck.

I bought the sea foam, but I am thinking I probably shouldn't run it with the old filter still in place. I want new fuel and new filter before I fire it up. May as well do that before I even run her long enough to do the oil change.

So I thought I would take a shot at it and see if anyone knew a NAPA part number, or if anyone knows of a workable equivalent? I could mail order one, but it would take more time and cost me more on shipping than the part!

Any ideas?
Cervantes

check your fuel line from the tank to the fuel pump and see what size it is and buy a fuel filter that could be put in the line with the in and out that fits line you have

thats pretty much it .....

also take the seat off to get to the fuel guage access and open this and see what the tank looks like inside .....take the drain out at the bottom of the tank on the right hand side behind side cover and drain it before putting in the seafoam and gas

also whenyou put tour batt. in just to the left of it check the the sator wires connector and see if it burnt looking or corroded or if its beenstait wired....this is a weak point and may need cleaning short term and stait wired and sodered long term as not to hurt the sator....there a thread here somwhere with pics on this