The Wanderer - Part 2

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are my engine guards I salvaged off my other bike.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 125
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=194482#p194482:2okonbvw said:
slabghost » 45 minutes ago[/url]":2okonbvw]
They look real nice on there. Handy place for foot pegs.
Thanx. I will have to somehow get an extension on those foot pegs, my legs are too long for them.

Geesh!! Back to work next week. Even though I didn't get to ride a long distance this summer , I did get to travel with my camper, destin Florida, Santa Fe nm and Branson, mo. I'm blessed to be able to travel like this during my summers ( still on a tight budget though, not rich and don't want to be) . It's been 1 month since motorcycledirect claimed they mailed my seat, took them 2 months before that to make it. Hopefully it will be here soon!!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=194579#p194579:p1n4ar23 said:
made2care » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:51 am[/url]":p1n4ar23]
Geesh!! Back to work next week. Even though I didn't get to ride a long distance this summer , I did get to travel with my camper, destin Florida, Santa Fe nm and Branson, mo. I'm blessed to be able to travel like this during my summers ( still on a tight budget though, not rich and don't want to be) . It's been 1 month since motorcycledirect claimed they mailed my seat, took them 2 months before that to make it. Hopefully it will be here soon!!

Took mine to Santé Fe NM this year, loved it. You might wanna be thankful you weren't on the bike though, the crosswinds could've killed ya. And that ain't no shit!!

Did not want to rebuild rear shocks this time, so scored these on flee bay. 1987 Honda v700 I think. Little longer than stock but think they will work since I won't have bags or passenger.only $29

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 91
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=194617#p194617:3pvfhpcp said:
slabghost » 5 minutes ago[/url]":3pvfhpcp]
Those look real nice! I will probably be looking for a. Deal like that soon.
Thanks. Will ride some tomorrow and let you guys know.

Okay, right away the rear sits higher but the bike handles well. I might have to adjust the shocks one more notch tighter, so here's a question. If i rotate the right rear shock one notch clockwise, for the left side I'm assuming it will also go clockwise? These are 1986 honda shadow shocks.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=194643#p194643:9zqfinxk said:
slabghost » 41 minutes ago[/url]":9zqfinxk]
Yes same direction for both.
Okay, i turned it over a notch and its much better. Probably the best $29 i ever spent.

Update on seat. Want a laugh for the day, here it is. Just a reminder , I placed this order back on May 12th with motorcycleseatsdirect.com out of Taiwan I think. July 9th they reported to me that the seat had just been shipped. Still no seat.
I inquired several times and just received this response:

Dear sir,

We have checked and known that your order has been lost by customs, so we are rushing to make a new one to send to you.

We’re so sorry for this inconvenience.

Please don’t worry too much. We’ll send it to you soon.

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Eric

It will be a miracle if I ever receive this seat ............lesson learned :rant: :rant: :head bang: :sensored: :help: :rant: :sensored: :Awe: :Awe: :Awe: :evil: :head bang: :rant:

I have had similar situations occur over the years and in most cases it all works out. I would recommend that you lodge a Paypal dispute asap as you only have 90days to lodge a dispute " item not received".

This might be a long shot, but has anyone modified a corbin gunfighter 1000 seat to fit an 1100. I believe the 1000 has a different front receiving setup than the 1100.

Latest posts