Front master cylinder o-ring

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerryb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to replace the o-ring on the reservoir for my front brake master cylinder. 1983 GL1100 standard does NOT have linked brakes. Two front brakes on the front lever. I find that Parts N more has a kit for $52.00, which seems like overkill when I just want the oring to seal the reservoir to the brake body.

does anyone know the size of this O-ring so I can get just the oring from the oring store?

I figure someone will say "Are you really gonna quibble over $50.00 when its your brakes?" But the $100.00 for a clutch I didn't need and the other 50's and 100's are adding up to the point that the bike is getting too costly to be fun.

thanks in advance...
kb

Do you have a bearing supply type of retailer near you? :headscratch: Take the master & cup assembly, clean, & dry of course. :hihihi: They should be able to find an acceptable replacement. :yes:

Great info. :salute: A box of O'rings from H F may just have a lot of your sizes as well. :hihihi:

Thank you Bronko37, Now I know where to look up o-ring sizes. Cmsnl doesn't list the size.
I have the box of HF O-rings Denver, do you think the rubber compound will hold up to DOT 3 brake fluid. I'll go check to see if an acceptable substitute is in the box.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=167737#p167737:124piwuy said:
kerryb » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:03 pm[/url]":124piwuy]
Thank you Bronko37, Now I know where to look up o-ring sizes. Cmsnl doesn't list the size.
I have the box of HF O-rings Denver, do you think the rubber compound will hold up to DOT 3 brake fluid. I'll go check to see if an acceptable substitute is in the box.

Yea, that site is great for finding OEM sizes and part numbers.

The O-ring should be fine as if everything is working correctly the fluid should not really get to the o-ring. You could also use DOT4 FYI, but not DOT5.

DOT3 can use either DOT3 or 4, but DOT4 should only use DOT4. The bike says DOT3 because there was no DOT4. Main difference in the 2 is the boiling point. I put DOT4 in all my machines.

Latest posts