main jet size gl1100

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevej's wing

Reaction score
Anyone know what size the main jet is on stock carbs and can you get bigger jet size.
I cut exhaust tips off and took out baffles and fiberglass for a little more sound and engine breathing, now plugs are a little lean.
I have to rejet but it's not like the hot rod days of old just take front float chamber off carb and buy bigger jets for that gas sucking holley.
Thanks, and oh the engine came out great with new rings and rebuild carbs runs like a R_ _ _ _ ape! :)
Steve J.

I'm not a fan of opening the exhaust myself. And the jets are pressed in your rack. Get a couple fender washers and weld them on edge to the top of a 1/4" short bolt.put a 1/4" hole at the bottom or low inside of your exhaust pipes.and install the washers. Turn them until they create the back pressure needed to run right.

OK........ to answer your question the main jet size is #145. The main jet is replaceable on your 81. it is the idle jet that is pressed in (and yes it can be removed and replaced although i have not found a source for replacements of pressed in jets). Speaking of sources i have used Jets are Us (https://www.jetsrus.com/) and have always paid the extra for KeiHin jets as apposed to aftermarket (they have both). I am not saying that the aftermarket are substandard I just dont want to find out ! also as previously stated i would run it for a while before making jet changes since as you say it currently runs like a RA !!!

ps : the idle jets are #35.

Thank you for that info. I came to that conclusion also. I have two other sets of carbs for parts and checked out main jet size and came up with the factory size are 145.
I also changed the main jets that I had put in that came with the kit, they were smaller than factory but had no numbers on them. I checked with number drills and found the kit jets were smaller so took them out.
Put some new 140 jets I had and am testing then today.
Also my latest wing is a 82 with removable idle jets and I used the factory jets there.
We are moving out of California so it has been a little crazy here, that's why I have not changed my info on my page about my bikes.
It sure will be nice to get out of Californication!!