Readable electrical diagrams

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr moe

Reaction score
Wiring diagrams in the original service manuals are at best tough to see.
Too small and very fussy when enlarged.
Hayes manuals are not much better.
Don't have access to Clymer.

Has anyone taken the time to use a good drawing program and reproduce the diagrams?
Onto multi-page documents. that would be easier to read and print out.

1982 --- 1100 A
1983 --- 1100 I

Thanks Moe

Nobody has done this I'm aware of however, I did make a multi page diagram from the high resolution GL1000 diagram we have in the gallery which after printing the 4 pages and taping together is large and easy to see. The same could be done to the other diagrams. gallery/album.php?album_id=1877

If you click on the diagrams in the gallery, then click on it again, the diagram opens full size in the browser window. When it is full size like this, (on PC) right click then "save image" to your computer. Now when you open the image on your computer it can be zoomed into and "cut" into 4 sections using your image editor like Paint, save that as a new image like "left top" then do the same for the other 3. It's not very hard. After this, print all 4 and align the wire lines and tape together after using a paper cutter to cut off the white edges.
If you print the 4 page 1000 diagram you'll see what I mean.

I would be willing to do this for all the diagrams and laminate them for sale but I don't think there's enough call for them to make it worth my time. I usually just zoom into the image in the gallery using the browser "zoom" feature to see what I need.

One other thing......after you've saved the image to your computer, you must add .jpg to the end of the file name otherwise your image viewer or editor might not recognize what the file is.

Though they look pretty incomprehensible at first glance, especially in black and white, once you get used to the way they are schematically produced they actually do make sense, but a lot more sense when they're in color!

For your 2 bikes, make sure you get both in color, my wiring turned out to be a mixture of both drawings, and I'm not the only one here with that experience.

Good luck. you might have just opened a can of worms. But that don't mean it has to be a can of whoop ass!! :BigGrin:

You didn't actually say why? You needed the diagrams, if you have a specific problem, that's why we hang out here!

To try to help others, and hopefully learn something ourselves! :eek:k:

Just trying to get two different bikes back on the road.
Both have wiring issues and suffer from "Wiring Willies" attempts to add accessories,
stereos, CBs, Cig lighters and much more.

One even carried a spare roll of electrical tape.
In case another connection was needed.
Thanks

I have the factory service manual for mine, but I have to have a magnifying glass to use it effectively. I much prefer the color diagrams in the old clymer manual I bought off ebay. But often I need to look at multiple years get a complete picture of the system as presented on my bikes, they seem to have a mix of years on the '83std. (Poorly dressed) it has a build date of late '82. Wiring for me used to be intimidating, but now it is just a matter of patience and concentration to succeed.

Latest posts