Rear Shock Size

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedoo2

Reaction score
Trying to find out the right size shocks to buy for the 1100. I believe they are 12" but not sure. I am going to buy a cheap set for now since I have put a lot of money into the bike the past month. I'll rebuild the OEM set over the winter with Progressive springs. Don't want to spend the time or money on it right now.

Let out the air and more fluid came out than air. Eeekkkky

I been checking and I think they are 13, I been considering for some time to lower the back on 1" since I'm a little short but I really like the stock shocks and that been holding me from doing it!

:salute:

Mine measures out to 12.5 in and that seems to be a fairly popular size for shocks. Mind spit out some pink fluid that I think is ATF, and I was initially worried about that. But since it occupies the same space as the air then I think it is okay for now.

I am going to rebuild another set that I have this winter with some Progressive springs and new seals. Right now, with a new tire on the back and 45 lbs in the shocks, it is riding pretty good. With the rear end done, and new tire and Progressives on the front, the bike is feeling very stable and the ride is much better. Gotta smile on my face.