Best Brake pads for and 83 interstate?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pony Ruiz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are all ya all running?

I was thinkin EBC just cause they seem to be the most expensive :roll: No really I do want the best even if they are more$ than the ebay variety. I realize opinions may vary as in which oil to use so let'm fly.

Well that and I want my 1100 to stop gooooood! The thing is a beast. It stops good now but I was thinkin new pads might improve things a bit. That and I have not done it on my 1100.

thanks!

I have been using kevlar organic pads from Sixity on Ebay on my '82 and currently have over 11K miles on the front with more than 50% remaining and over 12K on the rear but near to be replaced. I am very happy with their performance.

I've used EBC pads on my 1100 from day one. First set I put on were semi-metalics....but they wore the pee out of the rotors. Since then, it's been strictly organics from EBC. They might wear a bit quicker, but they don't tear the rotors up.

I stuck on semi metallics this time thinking maybe they’d stop better since they might dig into the rotor. I think the back linked to the one front is better. The single front disk is hard to say. Front and rear used together it stops pretty good. VERY far from stopping as good as either of the 2 newer bikes though.

I'm running semi-metallic on the rear and left front.....kevlar carbon on the right (linked) front. My last bike was a 74 BMW R90 with a single disk on the front and drum on the rear. The wing stops WAY better than the old airhead ever did..... My rear rotor was scored pretty badly when i got the bike...the semi-metallic pads don't seem to be changing it, one way or another.