Honda M77 paste or other?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowboy45

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I will change my tires this weekend. While at the rear wheel I'll grease up the final drive. What do you recommend stick with the honda m77 paste or is there something else I can use?

Thanks!
Ben

julimike54":3eqtai6m said:
Not sure exactly, maybe 40g of the 75g tube left, started with it full. I bought 2 just for future use.
Ok I'll get one then. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I have valvoline multi-purpose grease (color red) but it doesn't say that its got moly in it. So I wasn't sure if it was recommended to use that!
Thanks for the info Joe!
Ben

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=196938#p196938:2h1gg5bi said:
cowboy45 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:30 am[/url]":2h1gg5bi]
I have valvoline multi-purpose grease (color red) but it doesn't say that its got moly in it. So I wasn't sure if it was recommended to use that!
Thanks for the info Joe!
Ben

I just use a moly fortified multi-purpose grease. You can tell the difference because it is gray. Its always been said to use the paste because it prevents the grease from being slung out of the splines. Even after running the rear wheel for several thousand miles, when I pull it off, the grease is wet in appearance and packed in the splines. So $5 for a pound of grease versus $20 for a tube of paste...

I’ve been using a red grease. It says 550 degree extreme pressure, stays in place with minimal sling off. Seems to be keeping it lubed well.

The Honda moly 60, at least the stuff that I used once, liquified and ran out all over the hub and wheel so I don’t use it anymore.
The mc tire shop I use and been around forever, says he uses “plain old grease nothing special. “

I have been using #2 marine trailer bearing grease for 10 years. The grease is temp rated and does not liquify.

After nearly 25k miles of service on this grease:

image.php

image.php

I think that's the same stuff I just bought last month. My old tub of sticky blue wheel grease is almost gone.

Joe's right, :yes: the main issue is NO fresh grease, old & bone dry, is how most that have any kind of serious problems got that way. :read: