Rims

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-50Dave

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've occasionally seen different names used when describing specific rims. My '81 has a "5-spoke" mag, which is different than Joe's Hooch rims, which look different from Wilcoy02's '83 rims. What are the names referring to, and are there preferred/rare varieties? Thanx, Dave

75-77yr bikes had spoke rims and required tubes ....78-79yr bikes had comstar rims and very shiny finish and could take tubes or tubeless tires though they said tube rims...80-82yr bikes had reverse comstar rims and were black painted in places and were tubeless....83yr rims were mag rims 13spokes and tubeless ....84-87 rims were mag rims and 9 spoke ....as far as discounts go on rims ..there opinions all over the place ....on my bike I have 1200 wheels front and back ...reason being ...I want the rim size to be able to put on car tire in the rear ....and the beefiest front tire I could get for oldwing ..took lots of modding to get there ....