Looking for a replacement windshield

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I replaced a Tulsa Tall on my 1500 with a Slipstreamer tall, and I can say that you need to verify the thickness of the replacement shield before buying one. Of course the shield on the 1100 is shorter than a 1500 to start with, so it may be more rigid, but my Slipstreamer is pretty dang flimsy...it flexes a LOT while riding at highway speeds. I have since found out that the Slipstreamers are indeed quite a bit thinner than OE, or the Tulsa. Just throwing that out there as food for thought. :yes:

Same brand but have you thought about their wrap around? I loved mine and the look was nice.

image.php

~O~

I just bought one of those and it fit perfectly, sure wished some-one would make a shorter one though.

I bought the 20 inch standard, but I think a 16" would suit my short ass much better,
get some wind in my face and hair without having to stand up on the footboards!

It should arrive with a plastic protective film on both sides. Leave it on. Use a few strips of wide masking tape where you want to cut. Draw the line with a sharpy. Use a variable speed saber saw with a wood blade at a slower speed. Cut to size and shape desired. Just a bit outside the line. Use a file then sandpaper to smooth and round the edges. Once finished.Remove the protective films and install.

I have, yes. Newer plastic that hasn’t gotten brittle from age cuts pretty good.
The speed of the saw, as well as the speed the operator moves the saw thru the plastic is important for a successful clean cut and not overheating the plastic and sticking to the blade.
Yes, I speak from experience from doing it wrong as well as right.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=200295#p200295:15o26u5x said:
dan filipi » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:43 pm[/url]":15o26u5x]
I have, yes. Newer plastic that hasn’t gotten brittle from age cuts pretty good.
The speed of the saw, as well as the speed the operator moves the saw thru the plastic is important for a successful clean cut and not overheating the plastic and sticking to the blade.
Yes, I speak from experience from doing it wrong as well as right.
I have never needed to cut down a windshield. But I have cut a lot of plastic. Most shields leave me wanting just a little more really.

too bad that MASTAD does not make one for the early Goldwings.

They have a great windscreen using Laminar Airflow technology...

You can have it below eye level and the wind and rain still go up and over your body completely.

I just bought one, if the ice ever leaves us, I hope to get it installed soon.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=200307#p200307:6azyjudk said:
AZgl1800 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:43 pm[/url]":6azyjudk]
too bad that MASTAD does not make one for the early Goldwings.

They have a great windscreen using Laminar Airflow technology...

You can have it below eye level and the wind and rain still go up and over your body completely.

I just bought one, if the ice ever leaves us, I hope to get it installed soon.

Can you post a link to it?