Antifreeze leak!! GL1100

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigswing

Reaction score
Update on motor....
Put new head gaskets on it and found the plugged bypass hole in the water passage. Runs really good but have a new problem. While I was running it I got a puff of white smoke from the left side. Looked down and seen antifreeze coming from timing belt cover. Took the cover off and ran it again and did not see a leak.
Any ideas??

Thank you for all advice so far...very helpfull!! Especially on syncronizing carbs.

Could it have been from an earlier spill?

I'd run it up hot for a couple fan cycles while watching for antifreeze showing anywhere.
Might help to wash everything down so an old drip isnt mistaken for a leak.

If nothing shows up leaking then keep an eye on the reservoir level and any more steam from coolant.

Over spill?
Radiator Hose leak?
I'm with Dan...run it hot(op temp) for a while, and see what happens, but clean it best ya can first. :yes:

I just went through this, it's over spill. I don't know how it comes out there but it did after crossover O-ring replacement, and the radiator re-fill. My puff was on the left side! :smilie_happy:

~O~

I don't know if this will help, but Honda built in a little hole under the waterpump to let you
know that your water pump seal is going. It starts out with a small leak, and gets progressivly worse, telling it's time to change the seal/pump before it gets into the oil.

yep got nervous and jump the gun a little you guys were right i think it was over spill.I ran it again and no leaks. so thanks again guys for the advice. this forum is great and everybody on it.my WING is running pretty good just need a little adjusting on the carbs and im ready to ride!!! just as soon as the weather gets warmer.

Latest posts