That's sweet...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... my dancing was short lived. It appears I broke the o-ring on the right sight cross over tube, so I have to fix the first.

Oh yeah, a note to anyone putting an aftermarket ignition on a 1200, removing the OEM coils, and bypassing the stock ignition all together... when you aren't getting any fuel out of the fuel pump, it's because you removed the trigger source from the fuel pump relay. Without the yellow/blue wire hooked to the coils, the fuel pump will never run.

Got home from work today and changed the o-ring... twice! :head bang: Dang I hate getting those things in there right. Anyway, this is one sexy beast with that hanging off of the back of the head.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QJAi32G3Qks[/video]

I still need to get the tach hooked up, then I can adjust the carb, but it seems to be idling pretty good. In this video the idle is a little high because I was trying to get some heat in the motor to burn off the antifreeze that I have everywhere. I also have a loose exhaust shield to take care of.

I had antifreeze everywhere, so it was steaming a lot! Once I got the o-rings replaced without cutting them, the steam stopped, so now I’s just what is in every nook and crevice. I am kind-a surprised the neighbors didn’t call the fire department...

I hater the crossover tube o-rings! The right side isn't leaking any more, but now the left side does :head bang:

I was able to get the idle semi adjusted and get a short ride in, but I think I need to make the jet size a little larger to get a little smoother idle.

I finished this up by moving the idle jet back to the stock size of 55 and the main jet is naw a 135. There is just nothing like the 1200 running a single carb and the C5. In 4th gear I go from 25 to hold on tight in a hurry!

Now it seems that that bitch Mother Nature wants to play another cruel joke because it is snowing once again. I’m not sure which is worse: having bikes in the garage that can’t be ridden because of mechanical issues or having bikes in the garage and not be able to ride because of weather. :head bang: