GL1200A rear wheel hub to Final Drive alignment?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julimike54

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
Gl1200AS
Looking at the rear end today and noticed the way the wheel aligns to the final drive,

image.php

Rear wheel center hub to Final Drive black plastic ring

for some reason I don't remember that looking the way it does with the gap. Maybe I've got CRS :)

The left side pictures for reference

image.php

All the spacers etc.
image.php

Left end of axle protrusion
image.php

Gap at left shock and caliper mount plate
image.php

Brake pad/Rotor alignment

Does it look normal to y'all?

There's a shadow from the rotor on the right hand pad, after took pic I thought the same but the 2 pads are almost exactly the same thickness

mine appears not to have that gap the pics really dont show it good ...but it also right there ...id just lift wheel off ground and check for wobble in wheel ..if it seems good id just say its ok

image.php

image.php

No wobble felt, first check I did :). Your might be about the same as mine. I shoved the camera in between the spokes to get the shot so it was at about a 45 degree angle to the gap, makes it look larger. The more I look at it, based off of where the left side parts are, the wheel can't go to the right any more. Only way to have it move right would be to space the rotor off the wheel more, then you might bottom out the splines? I say it can't move to the right because the caliper support, which is between the 2 spacers on the axle, can't move right (unless a larger gap in spacers is allowed). If the support can't move right then no other part can move right, including wheel. Maybe that has been that way and I just don't remember it (big surprise :smilie_happy: )

Latest posts