1984 GL1200 Interstate. Fork Leak truth or myth

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightcorona

Reaction score
I have one fork that is leaking out of top and I have heard that power steering stop leak will work temporarily. Is this true or not? I really don't want to tear the forks off yet I haven't even had a decent rise yet.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=181132#p181132:3rmavghb said:
Nightcorona » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:05 am[/url]":3rmavghb]
I have one fork that is leaking out of top and I have heard that power steering stop leak will work temporarily. Is this true or not? I really don't want to tear the forks off yet I haven't even had a decent rise yet.
I have had success using a homemade sealmate out of a plastic coke bottle. My seals were fairly new and it was just some grit that was causing the leak.

use like a margerine spread lid or plastic coke bottle ...and cut out a hook knife end on it ...and slip it down the fork tube pass the seal and go around the fork and pull it out several times...you be amazed how gunk will come out .....worked great for me

OK I am sold. I will cut one out of the milk jug in the fridge. Do you think the milk will stay if I patch it with duct tape? Nobody should notice if I put the taped part on the back side. I can put it back when I am done.

Latest posts