1985 LTD Throttle Cable Replacement

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rednaxs60

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There I was contemplating what I wanted to do this week because I have the garage to myself and the better half is down south when, after a review of the information I had on side stand issues, the various forum threads and that I left the side stand down again, I decide to do the side stand interlock/indicator system on my bike.

So after gathering my thoughts and coming up with a way ahead I started on the new circuit. Then Murphy arrived and all bets were off. Started on the wiring for the new circuit and low and behold, issue one (thought it was but have since been shown by WingAdmin I was mistaken - no worries) the throttle cable holder on the hand grip needed to be replaced, or so I thought. I then recalled being at a track day last year with this '85 and during the pre-track inspection the only issue as the throttle when released, would not "snap" back as required. Worked on it for a bit and got it so that I was deemed safe to be on the track. Issue two in hand, replace throttle cables - knew I would have to eventually. Now I'm waiting for Murphy to come back from his coffee break for the next bombshell.

The good part is everything I need to do the throttle cable work is available and should be here Thursday of this week.

I digress but it is interesting to see how things develop when you approach start work or a project. I would surmise that there are a lot of issues out there on old, used, or new bikes that are silently waiting in the wings for some inopportune time to come to the fore hopefully when you are doing work/maintenance and not out riding.

To be serious, I have the bike apart and the time right now to do some work I have been procrastinating on. Taking the parts off the shelf, blowing off the dust and getting the work done.

I have taken pictures and will post my thoughts on what I have had to do, just thought a "Murhy's Law" intro would be appropriate.

Cheers

:hihihi:
I know what ya mean.....I get sidetracked every time I go out to work on either one of mine. Last Sunday the plan was just to do some cleaning the dert/grime off of the body panels on the 1500. Spent the whole day rippin it apart and cleaning/lubing the throttle cables...never did get to do any body cleanin. :blush:

Latest posts