Tires

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Interstate needs a new back tire. Last May I put a set of Shinko 230 Tour Masters on. The back tire is wearing down, not quite bald but close enough for my liking. I put just over 11,000 kilometres (7,000 miles) on the set. I found them to give a very comfortable ride. They are great in the rain, lots of traction. They do not like seams in the road but some of this could be my steering head bearings as it is time to do some maintenance on them.
The front tire is still in good shape so I will just replace the back tire.
I am sticking with Shinko as the price is right 127.00 cnd delivered to my garage. And if I can regrease my rear wheel splines once a year it is not a bad thing. The Aspencade has a new set of Dunlop E 3's. I have not rode on them yet as it came with a dead stator and I am in the process (slowly) of going over it.

Attachments

• IMG_0172.JPG
    IMG_0172.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 115
I got some Metseler Tourance used set from a local motorcycle shop and I really like them. The next new set is going to be a Metzeler Tourance!

Attachments

• IMG_20170527_125529655.jpg
    IMG_20170527_125529655.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 89
I am due for a new 230 on the rear of the Rats Nest as well as the front tyre on Val. I need to figure out the mileage on the rear but I am sure that it is no where near the 6000 miles of my first one in the states. I think like you both 7000 miles is fair when you consider the price and how well they handle due to the softness. :good:

Latest posts