Markland Passenger Foot Boards

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rednaxs60

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this goes here. Have acquired a set of Markland passenger foot boards and looking for mounting instructions.
Markland Foot Boards.jpg

Cheers

The brackets definitely fit the 1200 rear guard. Not for an 1800 - checked mine. Not for a 1500, checked pictures on the net.

Looked at pictures on the net of 1200s, and Markland foot boards. You think there would be "one" that would give a person insight into the install, but no.

Still looking.

If they fit the 1200 rear guards, then the floorboards would be rotated 90 degrees from normal and also elevated more than usual. Could it be that those are a custom made pair for the rear guards?

Do the upright pieces come apart like the engine guard version does?

Here are some pictures of the foot boards.

Length of guard attachment:
Markland Foot Board Attach Length.jpg

Foot Board attached to upright:
foot board attachment.jpg

Foot Board profile:
Markland Foot Board Profile.jpg

Temp foot board install:
Temp Foot Board Install - 2.jpg

Foot Board orientation:
Temp Foot Board Install.jpg

It is the foot board orientation that has me stumped. Think it should be like the OEM. Is there a piece missing? Any insight would be appreciated.

No Ernest, I don't think anything is missing. I recall seeing a picture of those once before (may have been the same set) and thinking that the board is the wrong way. I assumed then, and now, that they are a modified set for a shorter passenger... possibly a child.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191817#p191817:o990z4au said:
PurpleGL1200I » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:34 am[/url]":eek:990z4au]
IMHO, those are highway boards for the driver. I have a very similar set on my 85I.

That's what I thought too... until he stated that the mounting bar was too long for the engine guard and only fit the saddlebag guard.

If you look at the one picture where I measured the attach bracket it is almost 8 inches long. The engine guard where the driver foot board(s) are attached in not more than 5 inches or so. I have a driver set on the bike.

Don't know what I am going to do with them now. Didn't cost that much. Thought these would be a good idea for my passenger over the home made risers I made. Will think about a possible solution.

Cheers

Latest posts