How to remove throttle grip

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankroche

Reaction score
How to remove throttle grip without taking the carbs out? Tried it twice and no go.

I need to get into the handlebar control cause the start button is on again off again... and I want to clean it and or replace it.

Help!
Frank

I loosen the cable adjusters at the handle bar and under the left side of the faux tank. That gives enough slack in the pull cable to remove it from the notch and then the pull cable just come right out.

Shouldn't need to remove the grip. I removed that switch cluster to clean the 'Kill' switch, didn't remove anything but the switch housing, it was a little tight, might be the position of the handlebars. I think I had the bars pushed full left when I did mine.

Undo the handlebar clamps, hang handlebars from ceiling at a good height from the forks. Unplug electrics from switch housing in the headlight. Disassemble switch housing from handlebar to remove cables from the housing. Take the now freed switch housing to the worktable to work on it in a comfortable position, there are too many little screws and pieces to manage to do it on the bike. Just my take on the matter.

Latest posts