1984 GL1200 Trike Fuel Pump Relay Problem (I think)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom_Charlton

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1984 GL1200I
1988 GL1500
Test drove the trike yesterday and only the front cylinders were firing. Limped back to the garage and determined no power to left coil (cyl 3 & 4). I switched the wires around and got spark on 3 & 4, but none on 1 & 2.

Now where is that blankety-blank fuel pump relay because that's where the left coil gets it's power. Finally found we had plugged the angle sensor connector into the fuel pump relay connector. Honda made them different colors for a reason, I guess. Anyway, no fuel pump relay anywhere on that bike.

Gave up and ordered one from EBay. It'll be here next Friday. :builder:

Someday this thing will run right and it will be time to work on the Fiero.

You know how something will keep nagging at you because you know you have an item but can't find it? :headscratch:

I knew I had a relay in the garage, but it kept hiding from me. I finally went thru every place I store parts and found it! Plugged it in and I had spark on 3 & 4. Put the false tank, seat, and trunk back on and fired her up. Never sounded better.

Now to construct the front panels (hiding my ugly welds) and go riding. :builder: Life is good! :Egyptian:

Pictures coming soon.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=193643#p193643:3adg0hsm said:
slabghost » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:20 am[/url]":3adg0hsm]
Congratulations! Looking forward to the pics.
This wish is granted. You have two more that I may consider.

Attachments

• Trike Left Side.jpg
    Trike Left Side.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 112
  • Trike Right Side.jpg
    Trike Right Side.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Trike Rear end.jpg
    Trike Rear end.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 108