oil pressure switch thread size

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom_Charlton

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1984 GL1200I
1988 GL1500
Does anyone know the accurate thread size for the oil pressure switch that screws into the block?

I want to run a pressure gauge on the run stand, but can't get the real thread specs on the threaded end of the switch. It seems to be a 10mm 1.0 thread. However a 10mm fitting won't start correctly and I don't want to screw up the threads in the engine block by forcing the issue. :Awe:

Careful measurements (with a digital micrometer) show the threaded part of the switch is 0.005 mm smaller than the 10mm 1.0 fitting, explaining the difficulty in starting the fitting.

Suggestions are solicited.

I didn't look that close last time I replaced an oil pressure switch...is it possible this is a tapered pipe thread...in metric? I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=197236#p197236:fbquedxh said:
backlander » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:00 am[/url]":fbquedxh]
I think Ian was working on a gl 1000 but check this thread out at post #4 maybe will help. viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7227&start=0

I just love how all this works. A wealth of knowledge, shared by a widely diverse group of cult-like motorcycle fanatics. I gotta get me one of those patches! :clapping: